Go faster without a chip

SteveD

Dec 9, 2022
Belgium
I know the bike is limited to 25km/h. But is there any way to make the bike go faster without chipping it?
Change wheel size? Change gears?, ....

I know about the SPeedi device. But it is not available for my bike.
It would be enough if i can go 28km/h.

thanks

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I know the bike is limited to 25km/h. But is there any way to make the bike go faster without chipping it?
Change wheel size? Change gears?, ....

I know about the SPeedi device. But it is not available for my bike.
It would be enough if i can go 28km/h.

thanks
pedal faster , like any bike.

venicenerd

Feb 18, 2023
Barcelona
I wonder, would it be possibly to replace the EU motor with the US version? Would that give you the US speed limit of 32km/h?

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Change your tires to a harder rubber compound, run higher pressures and try a tighter tread pattern for more speed. Since I have to travel a few miles to my local trails on pavement when I changed over to tubeless I went with a tighter tread pattern rather than a more aggressive knobby pattern because the most I do is single track trails. Slippery wet roots and rocks at my age of 74 are not my cup of tea anymore 😱
But I do like the lesser rolling resistance of a tighter tread pattern gives me with knobs on the edges for better trail gripping.
You can alo increase the air pressure in yout current tires to the max PSI. I ususally run 5 lbs less than the max. The more pressure the less grip though, so everythings a bit of a trade off.
Screen Shot 2023-02-18 at 10.14.36 AM.png

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Never done this nor met anyone that has, but someone did it on here.
Relocate the magnet and sensor from your wheel to your crank arm. The cranks revolve more slowly than the wheel, so the bike thinks you are going more slowly than you really are, hence the assistance stays on. This will wear out your motor a lot quicker. It also plays havoc with the computer and may be detected when the bike goes in for a warranty claim (I'm assuming that you restore things to their rightful place).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles