Glentress forest

Sparks

Jan 9, 2019
Salisbury
Hi does anyone ride Glentress forest as I'm stopping there on my way back from Scotland on the 26th of April and I'm after some information about which trails are best.

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
I’m no local but after riding many places I still rank spooky woods highly. Used to be a lot of work to get up there. Not any more! There was a great little jump line near the car park that is really beginner friendly and somehow also manages to makes you feel like a slopestyle star. Also, a couple of pumpy flow trails. Lots more, even a jump on and off a container, mint. Great venue well worth travelling too. I really enjoyed Ae forest over in the west too. Criminally under-utilised I think. Might be more popular these days.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Hi does anyone ride Glentress forest as I'm stopping there on my way back from Scotland on the 26th of April and I'm after some information about which trails are best.

Yeah.
Been riding there and surrounding area best part of 3 decades.
Kinda impossible to tell you what trails are "best" without some background on your riding style/level/preferences.
GT has pretty much everything except full on super gnar
Take a look at Trailforks to get an idea of the shear amount of trails in the area. it's in the hundreds. (zoom out far enough to includePeebles to Selkirk/Gala) Variety ranges from toddler friendly to batshit mental pro/expert level.

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
There's been a fair bit of trail maintenance on the waymarked trails at GT recently.. .but not all of it is for the better. (eg. flat corners turned into berms, roots covered up, drops removed etc.) but most of the trails that have had work done to them now do drain a lot better because of it. If you like jumping it's still a good place to ride (Red/Freeride) but most of the lips could still really do with a complete re-build/shape. Unlikely to happen though as the long term plan is to flatten the FR and build challets for centre parkists. and build new trails and FR park further down the hill
There are tons of unwaymarked trails at GT that are miles more interesting than anything on the Red or (standard) Black.

You can't really go wrong at GT no matter what your level.

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
I made a to-do list last time we were there...
Red trail,
Spooky woods,
Mustard snake,
Mast of Zorro,
Zorro returns,
Empire of dirt,
Forest road to
kipps loop,
Boundary trail,
5 year plan,
Forest rd to
Broontroot,
Redemption to
Ewok wall
Double x
The bitch
Ponduro
I think the only one I didn't do was broon troot.
3 days riding there and gagging to get back ...

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
You fitted all that on the back of a fag packet?
#Kudos ;)

There are 3 new trails you'd love on the West side of the hill

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
You fitted all that on the back of a fag packet?
#Kudos ;)

There are 3 new trails you'd love on the West side of the hill
Ha!
3 days riding and trailforks.
I've seen some vids of a trail (dunno name) dropping down to peebles
I'm planning quite a few trips this year so I'll give you a shout.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
That'll probably be Dave's trail. There's a new section there. The other 2 are not far along a fire road (slight climb) from the wall ride. And drop down towards the Peebles direction. (but not down to Peebles itself.
We should hook up for a ride at some point.

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
That'll probably be Dave's trail. There's a new section there. The other 2 are not far along a fire road (slight climb) from the wall ride. And drop down towards the Peebles direction. (but not down to Peebles itself.
We should hook up for a ride at some point.
Yeah, what's the weather like atm?
Ain't been out f ages because of it so going BatShite ere.
Hopefully at dalby Sunday, on the piss tommo at helmsley so let's see eh !!!?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Wet n windy AF.
Snow on higher ground. CBA riding at all last weekend.. Should be out Sunday tho. Will update you on that.

spacemonkey

Sep 29, 2018
belgium
Had a quick look on TF...looks like trail paradise, so many trails
what a difference with Belgium, where mtbers are almost treated like criminals because we destroy nature presumabl...
everything gets closed down...gonna move to the UK

Sparks

Jan 9, 2019
Salisbury
Cheers for the info will have a look on TF and plan a bit of a route. My level of riding at the moment is red with a few blacks. I'm not a fan of gap jumps but I'm willing to give anything a go. ???

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles