Giro Tyrant

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
Hi guys,

I’ve a new size M helmet but the max size if 59 and my sweed is 59 also, I thought to go for the M as maybe it’s lighter but it’s too tight and it instantly feels hot like there’s not even ventilation going on.....then there’s part of the helmet near the tightening cog that also digs into the back of my head too

does anyone else own this helmet at all and has similar experience? Wondering if it’s worth ordering the large instead, I’d get the fox dropframe but £180 is a joke feel when it was £135....

Last edited:

Darren

Sep 25, 2019
Warwick
I have a Tyrant but in large as my head is 60cm. Mine fits really well near the smallest setting. It has a good range of adjustment, mine looks a little big on me as I'm at the smallest end of the adjustment. I have the MIPS version, not sure if this increases the outer size compared to the non MIPS version.

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
I have a Tyrant but in large as my head is 60cm. Mine fits really well near the smallest setting. It has a good range of adjustment, mine looks a little big on me as I'm at the smallest end of the adjustment. I have the MIPS version, not sure if this increases the outer size compared to the non MIPS version.

the large weights 720 and the M 600 grams but I have to remove the sides on the helmet to fit it on but I feel those 2 nubs at the back when I look down which was my big bug bear!

Darren

Sep 25, 2019
Warwick
Just checked mine again and I'm actually 3 clicks above the smallest setting, so it will accomodate 59cm.
I see the nubs you mean but they don't affect me, the back fits flat against my neck and doesn't move too much when I look up or down.
Luckily I was able to try it on before I bought it in the carefree pre-covid era.

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
Just checked mine again and I'm actually 3 clicks above the smallest setting, so it will accomodate 59cm.
I see the nubs you mean but they don't affect me, the back fits flat against my neck and doesn't move too much when I look up or down.
Luckily I was able to try it on before I bought it in the carefree pre-covid era.
Cheers buddy I’ve ordered the Large, only £3.50 to return back to the seller on eBay....helmet is £102 which is probably a decent price, still a lot to pay out for a helmet and I quite like my half helmet still ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles