Giant trance e + 29 Pro 2

Tebb1

Aug 30, 2022
Kent
Hi there all I brought my bike about a week ago which cost me about 4,500k I haven't even ridden it yet I decided to do the general checks and I took the battery out but what I found is the paint and lacquer was flaking off from the battery guard is that normal for an expensive bike like this I'm waiting to hear from the Bike Shop I got it from and I will call giant he's just a bit disappointing and I just think it's going to get worse does this cover for the warranty?

20220829_214102.jpg

20220829_214040.jpg

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
I had a chain stay and the front wheel replaced on my brand new trance due to paint damage by my dealer as good will. Apparently it’s not uncommon for bikes to come with damage but paint chips and scratches etc are not warranty repairs so dealers usually sort this sort of thing out in house. Where did you get it from ?

Tebb1

Aug 30, 2022
Kent
Hi there thanks for the message back I purchased the bike from cicli sport they are in Northern Ireland I live in South East Kent the bike hasn't even hit the pavement yet let alone the trials 0 mileage maybe giant should have put some sort of rubber protector around that bit but they didn't even supply me with a Torx 25 security bit lol it's just an eyesore and I just don't want it to get worse it's a lovely looking bike but hopefully something can be sorted because I don't want to take the guard off the battery but if nothing can be done from the retailer or giant I will get it done myself.

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Hopefully you'll get some goodwill from the supplier. If not I think the covers are available if you wanted to replace yourself. I would always recommend going through a dealer for best service. The best dealer I know of is Giant shoreham

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
I have a 2029 Trance and found that the paint chips off with the slightest of knocks all over the bike. No matter how gently I try to remove the battery, the bottom edge of the battery cover and the edge of the frame where the battery goes in, are covered in chips.
I have tried touching up the chipped area but new chips appear!

Tebb1

Aug 30, 2022
Kent
I have a 2029 Trance and found that the paint chips off with the slightest of knocks all over the bike. No matter how gently I try to remove the battery, the bottom edge of the battery cover and the edge of the frame where the battery goes in, are covered in chips.
I totally agree with you the battery doesn't go in easy it shouldn't be like that I went to a giant dealer yesterday to show them they basically said I need a whole new guard so I'll probably be better off doing it myself maybe get some M3 2228 Scotch tape or some carbon tape and try and cut them to shape to fit the top of the guard which giant should have done in the first place.

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
I totally agree with you the battery doesn't go in easy it shouldn't be like that I went to a giant dealer yesterday to show them they basically said I need a whole new guard so I'll probably be better off doing it myself maybe get some M3 2228 Scotch tape or some carbon tape and try and cut them to shape to fit the top of the guard which giant should have done in the first place.
Just worth a mention my battery cover was very difficult to get off it was so tight when I tried to remove it. The battery has channels which the cover slots into and on my bike the cover was stuck in these. In the end I managed to get some chain lube into the channels and let it soak for a while before the cover would move. Hope yours is a lot easier to come off if you decide to change it. Also might be worth looking into putting a wrap on the bike if you want to keep it minty

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles