Giant Trance E+2 versus Turbo Levo experience?

Pieter

Nov 12, 2018
Netherlands
good evening, am orientating me to an EMTB. I drove the Trance E+2 and this is very nice. Are there Giant Trance riders who have already tested the new Turbo Levo? Am very curious about the experiences in the difference in driving behavior and action radius. see your reaction.

Regards Pieter.

B172EF11-C440-42DE-8E68-90F14EA8CD12.jpeg

Shane

Sep 16, 2018
Adelaide
Only ridden a 2018 Levo, but wasn’t impressed. Was a slightly beaten up demo model, which might have had something to do with it.

I’m a novice rider so difficult to really articulate what was ‘wrong’ with it but put it this way: I spent a good few hours on the Levo and never felt confident. It was just a alien sort of feeling riding it, whereas after 10 minutes on the Trance (E+1) I was happily hopping over small jumps and attempting stuff that I wouldn’t do on my hardtail. It just ‘felt’ right and natural.

So I bought one :)

The Levo might appeal to a higher skilled rider but frankly I just didn’t see what all the fuss was about. The trance was such a tight, neat ride and just an all round down right fun machine.

You won’t find too many owners with anything bad to say about them.

StevenM

Sep 22, 2018
Ipswich Qld Australia
I had a gooof a 2018 Levo as well.

Extremely underwhelmed

Then looked at what you got for your dollars. Was enough for me to look elsewhere.

Surprised really that you get tyres on the Levo..thought they would be an upgrade....ohhh hang on the butchers that they come with are ordinary so they are...lol

There are lots of choices out there. You make up your own mind after you ride a few bikes.

Don’t , please don’t get caught up in the Levo hype.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
One mans rubbish is another mans treasure - key thing is that they are both really good bikes, so you wont make a wrong choice in going for either, just go for the one you prefer/suits you better.

Harmialized

Oct 15, 2018
Netherlands
Never rode a Giant but had first gen levo and the new gen2 version.
Biggest difference is in my eyes: the 29er wheels.
With the 650 wheels and wider tires the direct feel in handling corners is gone but it is very easy to go over roods or other "diffecult" sections. For beginners this is a big plus and gives you a feeling you can hit everything with these wheels/bikes.
The 29er wheel set is giving me a better ride, grip in all kind of conditions, direct feel in handling giving the ride a way better overal performance, true MTB ride.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Not sure why that warranted a crap post, its a case of different tyres for different folks.

poppy

Jun 26, 2018
Gold Coast Queensland
G'day mate, not the 19 Levo but i tried both the 18 Levo Carbon Comp and Kenevo(base model) before buying the Giant. I actually preffered the Kenevo out of those two and then i test rode the Giant E Pro 1 which i ended up purchasing. Everyone one is different though, mybpoint of view is that you could throw a blanket over them and choose on colour, they all have something different but aren't worlds apart either. Good luck with what ever you end up with, i am sure it will put a smile on your face.

20180823_135005.jpg

20180823_142315.jpg

20181115_172650.jpg

Last edited:

Pieter

Nov 12, 2018
Netherlands
G'day mate, not the 19 Levo but i tried both the 18 Levo Carbon Comp and Kenevo(base model) before buying the Giant. I actually preffered the Kenevo out of those two and then i test rode the Giant E Pro 1 which i ended up purchasing. Everyone one is different though, mybpoint of view is that you could throw a blanket over them and choose on colour, they all have something different but aren't worlds apart either. Good luck with what ever you end up with, i am sure it will put a smile on your face.

View attachment 7725

View attachment 7726

View attachment 7727
Thx for your reply, what is radius of the Battery ? Is 60 km possibel?

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Thx for your reply, what is radius of the Battery ? Is 60 km possibel?
Sorry, pointless question. Weight, elevation gain, terrain, tyres, tyre pressures, riding style, use of power modes... all have an effect on range. One rider may get 50-60 miles out of a battery because of an ultra eco riding style in flat terrain, but another might get less than half that. Weight and elevation gain seem to be the most critical factors in range though.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles