Giant talon e+ wont power off display froze ? Help

Dye29

May 10, 2023
North yorkshire
Hi all ive just installed to my talon the evo display then updated from iphone all seemed ok but now it wont power off or no buttons work i have to remove battery to get it off any ideas please how to get this working im thinking once i did update its stopped but it all said was succesfull please help

LJR69

Jan 4, 2022
UK
This is almost always a result of water ingress. Try removing the battery and cover and leaving it in a dry area for 24 hours and then refitting the battery and trying again.

Dye29

May 10, 2023
North yorkshire
Thanks for reply , the bike hasnt seen water yet its all brand new and displays new too ive only done 40 dry miles .
Ive tryed contacting giant but there no help at all just told me to take it too a dealer which is annoying .

LJR69

Jan 4, 2022
UK
In which case you should definitely get it looked at by Giant. Aren't you near one? I use the Giant dealer for some issues I've had and they've been excellent (but of course all dealers will be different).

LJR69

Jan 4, 2022
UK
In purchased mine online too, but I’ve taken it to my giant dealer (who’s about an hour away)

I’m sure they can fix this quickly. Don’t give up matey because the bike is awesome. You’ve just got unlucky.

Dye29

May 10, 2023
North yorkshire
After traveling miles too a giant dealer he sorted it in sec , pulled apart the plug and put back together and it works so seems a dodgy connection ish so fixed lol

LJR69

Jan 4, 2022
UK
After traveling miles too a giant dealer he sorted it in sec , pulled apart the plug and put back together and it works so seems a dodgy connection ish so fixed lol
There you go matey! It's a pisser when you get something new and expensive and it's buggered. Glad you got it sorted. Go enjoy it!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles