Giant Ridecontrol connector

argee1977

Aug 5, 2019
Bristol, England
I'm having to replace the Ridecontrol on my 2020 ereign due to water ingress meaning it switches off in the rain, i ordered a replacement, but it's got a different connector, the original has the mini DIN style 8 pin round connector, but the one ordered comes with a much smaller female connector that's got 6 pins, Giant only had one on their website to order, so am i going to struggle to get a replacement, guessing an adaptor is not going to be available or work due to the different configurations?

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
I'm having to replace the Ridecontrol on my 2020 ereign due to water ingress meaning it switches off in the rain, i ordered a replacement, but it's got a different connector, the original has the mini DIN style 8 pin round connector, but the one ordered comes with a much smaller female connector that's got 6 pins, Giant only had one on their website to order, so am i going to struggle to get a replacement, guessing an adaptor is not going to be available or work due to the different configurations?
Last year my LBS got me a 2020 controller with Ant+ for my 2019 Trance.
They are a Giant dealer and phoned Giant for advice about which controller would work with which bike before they ordered one for me.
Any Giant dealer should be able to get you one.

Evolution Stu

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jun 30, 2019
Blackpool. U.K.
Look on the rear of your dead unit for an "FLED" number.
That is the one you want to order.

Yours is most probably an FLED28-10 or -15.

Its also pretty unlikely to actually be the controller.
Thats always changed because it gets wet the easiest, but typically by the time you get a new one and plug it in, the wet bike has dried out and the new controller seems to have fixed it.

These guys are fast and reliable:

leebay

Feb 23, 2023
Chula vista calif
I just ordered myself the controller due to water problems and the place I found has the controller for 2020 only and a different one for 2021 are different but I won't receive it til march 24 due to it coming from Netherlands can't wait hopefully this will solve some problems for me and hopefully some of the other people I never had a overheating problem til recently and I currently live in the San Diego area and moved from palm springs area where it got on the hottest day in the summer was 124 and I was out riding that afternoon and did not overheat then as that hot of a tempature

leebay

Feb 23, 2023
Chula vista calif
Well got the new controller for my 2020 giant reign with overheating issues I went for a ride after work and the weather temp was 49 degrees so there's no reason my full e endure should be tearing up the bike lanes and bike paths as long as its asphalt or concrete cause as soon as I get in the dirt on a incline going up that damn red light appears throwing my once awesome do all bike into a commuter only bike I have a bike trailer so I guess I could start working closer to home and save gas money so I can buy another bike cause I have a trance that's that's been dead for 2 years and now $6000 for a 50 pound boat anchor in a giant reign and I'm upset in the least it seems there is now fix for this overheating problem or is there wish I could ride again might have to pull motorcycle out of storage and hit all my favorite trails that my e bike is letting me down Is this a GIANT FAILURE

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles