Giant eBike does not turn on after rear hose replacement

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
Hi!

I have replaced my rear brake hose (bh59 to bh90). I had to pull hard but it made its way out.

Now when I try to turn on the ebike all the lights on the ride control one switches on (as usual) but then all goes off and the bike does not start :(

Do you know what happened? Any idea on where to look at?

Thanks,
Regards.

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
Sounds like you might have disturbed some wiring that runs alongside the brake hose?

Looks like you might have to drop the motor/battery and see if something is unplugged, if you’re lucky, or a wire broken if you’re not?

Sometimes they zip tie wiring harnesses together and maybe even to the brake hose to stop rattles and/or assist with cable management.

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
Thanks for your reply.
I have removed the motor cover and the rear hose does go on the outside, only attached to speed sensor ( i removed the attachment prior to installation ). The only thing I can think of is that to make the installation easier I unscrewed the battery base ( inside the frame ) and moved it a litttle but I checked the wires and everything looks fine.

Bike at the LBS now... next step was to remove the motor and I am not ready for that yet :)

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
Update: LBS has no idea why it does not turn on... or why it tries then it dies :(
All cables and connectors have been checked... still no luck. The ride control one is new (ant+) version and maybe is faulty but they don't have another to try...

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
Do you know what the component in the red circle is? Looks like something that could be my problem there :D

temp1.jpg

Ken C

Jan 30, 2021
uk
Do you know what the component in the red circle is? Looks like something that could be my problem there :D

View attachment 33100
Hi I am new to this forum and have a Giant Stance e 2019 with a problem of the battery not supplying power to the controller
I have replaced the controller but with out any success, can you please tell me if you ever found the switch that is shown in the wiring diagram
as I am sure that this is stopping the power from the battery to the controller but I cannot find it.
Any help gratefully received.
Ken

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
My motor died after replacing the cable (I never discovered why)... so motor was replaced under warranty and I did not investigate further... sorry I can't help

Ken C

Jan 30, 2021
uk
My motor died after replacing the cable (I never discovered why)... so motor was replaced under warranty and I did not investigate further... sorry I can't help
Thanks for the information, I think that will be my next thing to do will take it back to my bike shop.
Ken

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles