Giant e-TR1 Bearings

ifu03558

Mar 11, 2019
Glasgow
Hi all, has anyone changed the wheel bearings in the front wheel of the Giant Reign E+1, the wheelset is the e-TR1. Ive changed the bearings in the rear hub and had a look at the front, the end caps seem to be held in place with a washer. Wondering if this just levers out or is there some other trick to remove the end caps. Cheers

LJR69

Jan 4, 2022
UK
They're not held in place with a washer they come off with the hub cap, as you can see in this video here:

Chuggz

Dec 13, 2019
Australia
Hi all, has anyone changed the wheel bearings in the front wheel of the Giant Reign E+1, the wheelset is the e-TR1. Ive changed the bearings in the rear hub and had a look at the front, the end caps seem to be held in place with a washer. Wondering if this just levers out or is there some other trick to remove the end caps. Cheers
How did u go with this mate? I’m looking to do the same, I figure I can just get bearings from my local bearing shop?
Or did u buy mtb specific?

ifu03558

Mar 11, 2019
Glasgow
aye no bother, i had the correct size bearings in the toolbox so just swapped them over. Any decent bearing will do the job mate so long as its the correct size.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles