Ghost SLAMR hybride ( E8000) rattling noise when downhill

daddyo

Sep 15, 2019
Brno, Czech Republic
Apart from a Focus JAM2 I also ride a Ghost SLAMR hybride. Very recently it developed a rattling noise when riding downhill over a rougher surface. I dont think it is chain slap, it is similar to the rattling noise that the new EP8 and Bosch Gen 4 motors make. Also only guessing it is the motor, it may be the whole crankset. When I lift and drop the bike the noise is usually there. Also if I tap the chain it seems to come from the crankset/ motor. My other Shimano E8000 does not make that noise at all. Any ideas folks ?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Is it the model with the external battery? if so I would check the battery connection as it can loosen over time.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Ok, next up I would check the chain guide, these have a habit of getting loose and slipping.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
And have a look though the dealer manual, and check everything in the area

Strive77

Aug 5, 2020
Lancashire. England
Apart from a Focus JAM2 I also ride a Ghost SLAMR hybride. Very recently it developed a rattling noise when riding downhill over a rougher surface. I dont think it is chain slap, it is similar to the rattling noise that the new EP8 and Bosch Gen 4 motors make. Also only guessing it is the motor, it may be the whole crankset. When I lift and drop the bike the noise is usually there. Also if I tap the chain it seems to come from the crankset/ motor. My other Shimano E8000 does not make that noise at all. Any ideas folks ?
Hey, did you find out what this was? Had my motor replaced a month ago and I’ve noticed this too. Any help would be appreciated!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles