Ghost Hybride SL AMR X

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Have to say the ghost looks like a great bike, interested to hear your thoughts when you get it!

npnk

May 2, 2018
RLP, Germany
Received news that delivery date will be postponed until mid-July...
I thought i could take it for a spin on my birthday, but i guess it will have to wait
But hilarious that I ordered and will be delivered the FIRST in size L in Germany ;-)

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway

npnk

May 2, 2018
RLP, Germany
Ghost is putting the bikes together right now and then they deliver them... will take another couple of weeks before they are all delivered...
for me, it was the best-looking, best-spec'ed option to go with... i can't oder the vitus in germany, so the only one left was the canyon spectral on, and when i testrode it (on their parking lot #rolleyes) it felt great and all, but the coilshock really makes the difference for me... super deluxe air shock without a piggyback? nope.. not for the trails i'm riding with this 22kg monster of a bike, if i get a lyric or a yari fork really doesn't make that big of a difference to me
and my trusted shop made me a deal on it i can't refuse, i've been buying ghost bikes from them for years now... i'm super giddy to finally get it in a couple of weeks
will update y'all when i finally took it out for a spin on my hometrails, if it handles like the ghost kato e-bike i've abused for one weekend it's already a great bike, but i think this one will blow that one out the competition even further

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
Nice! Did you get the 5 or 7?

I'm expecting! Pics and reports that is :)

npnk

May 2, 2018
RLP, Germany
picked it up late yesterday... will post pictures this weekend...
it's even more gorgeous than i thought

first ride with the boys will be sunday in the palatinate forest...
should make for some nice scenery to put the bike in style

npnk

May 2, 2018
RLP, Germany
20180630_121943.jpg
20180630_122014.jpg

Only managed to make two pictures on saturday, it's just too much joy taking this beast out on the trails...
sunday i spent the whole day in the saddle in the palatinate forest, managed to get almost 1000hm in eco mode, and still had a segment of battery left... so far it's a genuinely satisfying experience
that boost mode is crazy: flying up fireroads with 20km/h with little to no input at all... I really see why people would call it cheating, i almost felt the same... but then again this means i'm also doing more laps in the same time, so i'm still on my personal limit during the workout
not too sure about the shorty in front, i've never been able to warm up to this tire... i might switch it out with a dhf, or a highroller2
dhr in the back is the bomb
mt5 brakes of course with no faults whatsoever, also 200mm discs front AND back, so helps a lot
kindshock dropperpost works great so far, and the 170mm of it's travel really helps on those steep downhills to get the saddle out of the way

yari fork is just as capable as the pike in my other enduro bike, but i need more finetuning on the psi and the rebound to fully dial it in

shock is super plush, but a b*tch to set up... i will need a lot of tweaking to get the four diameters set to perfect for the conditions i'm riding in

color scheme as you can see is very pleasing as well... super happy with the yellow being not as bright as usually on bikes...
the stealth gray on the frame is awesome as well...
ran into some fellow ebikers at hohe loog in neustadt, one with a levo and some haibikes... and all of them checked my bike out with the googly eyes

downsides for me:
saddle: the ergon sme is a great enduro saddle, and lots of people use it, but it's just too hard for my buns... will swap it out this week against a more plush model.. but this is personal preference anyway.. so not really an objective con
long derailleur in the back: will swap this out for a shorter cage asap... i just fear a rock will hit it, there's already some scratches on it

other than that i'm super happy with my purchase...
many more trail-kilometers will follow

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles