• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Germans here? And why is Europe not a region?

MBj1703

Jul 15, 2021
Germany, near Munich
Hi there,

I'm wondering if there are Germans in this forum?
I'm from greater Munich area.

Also I saw the board "Regional" - For members across the world
inside is only USA and Australia?

Cheers
Markus

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I'm wondering if there are Germans in this forum?
I'm from greater Munich area.

Also I saw the board "Regional" - For members across the world
inside is only USA and Australia?
Lots of them !

I think because historically, the forum was primarily Europe based, so effectively the whole forum was the European region.

The Aussies then decided they wanted a special area, just so they weren't confused with the Kiwi's. It also stopped the endless arguments about bottle cages, which the Aussies always insisted were for beer and not water.

Then the popularity increased slowly in America and being Americans, they requested a separate area to discuss things which were purely American based like trail access .. Though this wasn't continental based as they didn't want to be confused with the Canadians, South Americans or the Kiwi's (some people, mainly Americans, are really bad at Geography) , so it was called USA.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Though this wasn't continental based as they didn't want to be confused with the Canadians, South Americans

Frankly, I think we need to establish a California eMTB Forum. I would be mortified if someone was to confuse me with one of those Mid-Westerners or Easterners. The Northwest isn't so much of an issue because I hardly ever wear flannel... and they have good beer.
🍺🤣

Actually, German beer can be pretty good, and their frauleins aren't so bad, either. @MBj1703, you're welcome to hang out with us in the new California group (just don't forget to bring the beer and frauleins).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles