Geometry on Scott ebike

Acousticmood

Apr 1, 2021
So Cal
Hello - I have a Genius e-ride 910 (2019). There are a lot of options to change the geomtery and I would like a more aggressive stance. Are these adjustments only for using a smaller wheel (27.5)? or can I adjust them for a better angle of attached with the 29r’s that are on the bike. Thanks for your help.

George

Mike Malanowicz

Feb 8, 2022
Warsaw, Poland
Hi. So you do have a flip-chip set in "low" setting by default. You can flip it to "high" and use the bike on 29 or 27,5 wheel at the back. I do have eGenius and eStrike and prefer both bikes on 29 wheels, both set to "low" position since the head angle is not as slack as I like. BB offset is around 30mm, to I just ordered 170mm ZEB and will put it to eGenius (and FOX36 will be shortened from 160 to 150mm of travel and will replace Marzocci Z2 on eStrike). I think this will be a good upgrade, but will let you know after...

Acousticmood

Apr 1, 2021
So Cal
Honesty I don’t remember wether it was in high or low (stupid I know) but I flipped it and it made all the difference in the world. Before the front wheel would wash out with no warning - I thought I could learn to handle it (because I thought the chip was set where I wanted it) but after a separated shoulder I decided to flip the chip. Rides alot more like my trek fuel x8 now. I’m also upgrading the front fork and putting the existing fork on the trek

Mike Malanowicz

Feb 8, 2022
Warsaw, Poland
If possible, please check current position of the flip chip and let me know. I rode on both settings and could not feel a dramatic difference. In low setting, the bike is more planted and goes down better. In high mode it just turns a bit better in tight corners. Thats the only difference I noticed. Much bigger change is caused by tires or tire preasssure…

EMTB Dude

Nov 16, 2021
West Yorkshire
I run my Genius e900 exclusively in Low mode with 29er wheels & 38mm riser bars (I suffer from a bad back), I tried a mullet set up but the BB height was far too low for me even with a 2.8 plus rear tyre. Installing 170mm forks could have made a difference I suspect, as OEM‘s are Fox 150’s.

Mike Malanowicz

Feb 8, 2022
Warsaw, Poland
I suspect, as OEM‘s are Fox 150’s.
Depends on the year of production, latest (2020-2022) model runs at 160mm at the front, but even with this fork eGenius is brilliant at taking corners and hitting roots with pedals. Because in low mode, BB offset is very big, -30mm in latest models, I decided to go with 170mm fork and I recommend this setting to everyone who likes a bit slacker geometry and who likes to go a bit faster. The bike feels more stable, goes down better, takes bigger drops with ease... but of course such change compromises tight corners and a bit of climbing abilities. Looks damn good :) (my sons orange beast).

IMG_6038.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles