Genius 920 headset change

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Currently the headset on it is an Acros Blocklock / Tapered 1.5"-1 1/8" OD 52/62mm / ID 44/56mm.

I want to swop this out for a Hope headset.
Im guessing the blocklock thing is headset related and by changing over i lose that feature -- not a problem.

Does anyone know offhand which of the Hope headsets i would need, without going through the myriad of different options.
I think its HSCE for the lower, and HSC2 for the upper. Can any of you confirm this. And if I'll face any issues swopping things over.

The actual reason for me going to this length is light related. The Exposure fuse i got fits onto a standard round headset spacer. Scott,probably due to the blocklock thing, have made the stem and all the spacers rectangular.
I'm sure they could have had a lower spacer that shape and made the ones above and the stem the normal shape, but because they have it means pretty much a full change of everything.
TBH I dont mind , and the lock thing i dont really need, its not a specific requirement, and i'd probably get on better A. with Hope and B. I can add a nice bit of colour :D

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles