General observations from a weekend ride with 5 different ebikes

Sep 21, 2019
Oxfordshire England
Just back from a weekend riding in Minehead Somerset UK. I was on my 2020 Levo Comp, mates were on Focus Jam 29 , Orange Surge Pro, Levo SL, and one poor soul on a Levo HT. Main ride was 4000ft of climbing and 23 miles. No range anxiety with my Levo (700wh) and the Jam (625). The Surge used up best part of 2 batteries (500 each) running the old shimano system and the Levo HT ran out after 18 miles. This was a last minute hire and only has a 400wh battery. With the front suspension not working it wasn't a pleasant ride. The remaining bike was also a hire and was a Levo SL with range extender. It was close to flat at the end but was ridden in turbo most of the way. A nice bike but not enough torque for the really steep stuff. So I remain happy with my Levo despite more paint chips (soft paint I reckon). The Jam performed equally as well. Big downside for the SL is you can't take the battery out to charge. Which is a real pain if you are away from home. Most importantly great fun had by all especially the newbies on e hires.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles