gen 4 2020 retro fitting

games133

Apr 19, 2020
hartlepool
hi im looking for pics of bike with a 2020 motor fitted ideally trek but open to all. im looking for see if a new 2020 motor could be fitted to my trek powerfly 7. from what ive seen and found on websites it dose look possible with a bracket to be made to hold the motor.
at this moment im just looking at it see if it going be worthwhile doing

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
I really wouldn't bother. The motor is designed to cant upwards, and the Gen 2 frame will want it to point down. The motor is much narrower, so you will need some funky peddle arms to miss the frame and swing arm, the Gen 4 motor has a large chainwheel and aligning that given the width of the motor won't be fun, and above all, it would look funny :ROFLMAO: I have plonked one in an upside down frame for you, see pics.

IMG_3254.JPG

IMG_3255.JPG

games133

Apr 19, 2020
hartlepool
ive heard it is narrow but not 100% sure how much. its the extra battery im thinking off and the lack of resistance when you get to that magic 16mph.

i take it the motor there is gen 4. dose look like it could fit some way. depend on the frame i guess.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
They use completely different mounting systems etc - you would have to do some serious fabrication to get it to work, and even then it might not put to tolerances etc.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles