G'day from Perth, Western Australia. Trek 9 and loving it.

Darrann

Oct 3, 2021
Perth, Western Australia
Hi. I'm Darrell from Perth and just getting into EMTB this year from dirt bikes. Bung knee from field hockey, told by surgeon that had to ride pushies or swim to recover. Didn't want to be bored to death swimming laps and didn't want to dodge cars on road pushbike so mountain biking seemed best option. EMTB is the greatest revelation and is now my obsession.
Started with a 2021 Giant Trance E 3 for myself which I loved, so I bought the missus a Specialized Turbo Levo, 500Whr base model. Bit disappointed with the quality of suspension on that bike being a Solo Air Silver 35 model fork so decided to upgrade both our bikes to Treks based on comparison reviews I watched on Youtube. Wanted two Trek Rail 9s for us but could only get one (for myself) and got a Rail 7 for Ann. Brilliant bikes with the Rail 9 suspension being confidence inspiring in its stability and ability to attack rough ground. We ride a lot of fast downhill rocky descents over here.
Thought dirt bikes were the greatest fun but have to say the EMTB experience is as good if not better.
Son started to love riding aswell so he also bought a Rail 9. Now have 5 EMTBs in a family of 4. One for my mates to come with us.
Have been watching Rob Rides since review of the Trance E1 earlier this year and found it very informative.
Cheers.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles