Garmin reporting "Battery Critical"

G-Sport

Oct 7, 2022
Yorkshire
Hi,
Newb owner of a 2022 Levo SL (coming from a meat bike), absolutely loving it so far but had a weird alert today on my Garmin 530.
About half way into a 20 mile ride (all in Trail mode) with battery showing as being at 52% on the Garmin, when it beeped at me and put up a red warning. (Stupidly I didn't think to take a picture of the warning so can't be 100% on the exact wording but it was along the lines of) eBike sensor, Battery critical.
Stopped and looked at mission control (which wasn't running prior to the warning) and it said everything was tickety-boo. Turned the bike off and on again to no effect.
Continued the ride and the error disappeared off the Garmin after about half an hour and got home with no more errors (19% left when I got home).
Any ideas?
Sorry if this is a known error, tried searching with no luck, thanks for any info.

G-Sport

Oct 7, 2022
Yorkshire
Thanks nothing very definitive in there that I could see but seems like it may be referring to some ancillary battery rather than the main battery battery?

CruJones

Nov 24, 2021
USA
Thanks nothing very definitive in there that I could see but seems like it may be referring to some ancillary battery rather than the main battery battery?

Or an intermittent error code. If you’re close to your LBS then I’d have them run a diagnostic on it to see if any codes come up.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
assuming the bike continued working OK it is more likely a blutooth comms error...............ie the Garmin was not recieving data on the ebike battery condition.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles