Garmin mileage discrepancy

floydturbo

Feb 8, 2022
Pittsburgh
I have an Edge 1000 paired to my 21 Levo Comp with Ebike Field. The mileage is way off, at the end of today's ride my bike tallied 25 miles on the same ride my friend's bike logged 15, which we know is much more realistic. I've double checked the wheel circumference and it's accurate, it's a mullet wheel but as I said the shop adjusted the wheel setting and it's the right number in Mission Control. Any ideas why I'm rolling up more miles than I should be?
Thanks for any thoughts.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Ok this might be a daft question but you do have them both set on miles, I forgot to set my Kiox to miles while my Garmin was on miles, easy mistake to make 😉

floydturbo

Feb 8, 2022
Pittsburgh
Ok this might be a daft question but you do have them both set on miles, I forgot to set my Kiox to miles while my Garmin was on miles, easy mistake to make 😉
I googled it and it turns out that in the Garmin's settings you can set wheel calibration to auto or manual, and it was in auto. So I manually punched in my wheel size (mullet) and should be OK now.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I googled it and it turns out that in the Garmin's settings you can set wheel calibration to auto or manual, and it was in auto. So I manually punched in my wheel size (mullet) and should be OK now.
All sorted then, nice one mate 😉

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles