Other Garmin Edge Issues

Highflyer

Patreon
Mar 29, 2018
Northern Ireland
Speed and distance under reading with both 2017 & 2019 Levo’s. All other sensor information is perfect. I use the 130, 1030 and 530 with the same issues. Tried resets manual circumference etc and still no fix. Any ideas folks?

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
If a sensor is connected (speed/cadance/ebike), then GPS will be overridden.
It's apparently not possible to choose between sensor-data or the inbuilt GPS-data.
Many times the GPS-data will be more accurate.

Highflyer

Patreon
Mar 29, 2018
Northern Ireland
It's apparently not possible to choose between sensor-data or the inbuilt GPS-data.
And that is my problem. The Garmin receives all sensor data AND is still confused with GPS/GLONASS. Never had a problem before…

MBj1703

Jul 15, 2021
Germany, near Munich
this is something I really hate about the Garmin.
Is there a way to change it?

Alexbn921

Sep 27, 2021
East Bay CA
You have to manually set the wheel circumference in the Garmin and then everything will work perfectly. Specialized pushes a fixed circumference in it's connection.

Highflyer

Patreon
Mar 29, 2018
Northern Ireland
You have to manually set the wheel circumference in the Garmin and then everything will work perfectly. Specialized pushes a fixed circumference in it's connection.
Understood. I’ve tried everything. ALL my 3 Garmins have never given issues until now.

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
My Epix 2 recently gave me a ride reading of 29km. The 2 guys I was riding with both had 18km. My Levo is connected as. Sensor and massively overstates my distance ridden for whatever reason. I feel this only started occurring recently.

sp00n

Jul 11, 2021
Germany
With my old Kenevo motor I sometimes had a "27km/h" bug, where the speed sensor connected to my Garmin 130 claimed to run at 27 km/h no matter how fast/slow I was actually going. Which had some really weird effects in combination with the GPS, i.e. it would track much much more than I actually rode, despite the GPS track itself looking fine.
Only turning off the battery would help in this case (or Strava's distance correction feature, but of course only on their site).

I haven't yet experienced this with the new motor.

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy
Understood. I’ve tried everything. ALL my 3 Garmins have never given issues until now.
Did you solve it ? It's quite easy when you uderstand where to put wheel circ. on Garmin. With a couple of ride you can be precise as ever

Alexbn921

Sep 27, 2021
East Bay CA
Not solved. Speed works well. Then freezes. Won’t return to zero.
This happens when the bike speed sensor is getting bad reads and then freezes the output from the bike to the Garmin. Resetting the bike fixes it, but you need to move the sensor closer to the magnet.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles