Full sus EMTB under £3000

powerfail

Jun 9, 2023
Leeds
Hi all,

I'm hoping to buy a EMTB under £3000 because that's what my cycle to work limit is. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Feb 27, 2023
Teesside UK
There are a few like the Canyon Neuron for about £3k, Haibike might be an option of something like the Giant Stance or Lapierre overvolt kicking about in the sales but I don`t think you will get a big travel enduro style for that money.

RiderOnTheStorm

Welcome to the forum!

The choice for brand new sub-3K full suspension eMTBs (with decent specs) is rather limited as you probably have noticed already.

If meeting a price target is your main criteria, I'd suggest looking for last year's models with heavily discounted prices (30-40% off) and reach out to large internet outlets that are clearing their inventories. Also to get competitive pricing, try to take advantage of stores price matching policies.

A few models that seem close to the $3K price point:

Trek powerfly FS 4 (2022)
Giant Stance E+ 2 Sport, 500Wh (2022)
Giant Stance E+ 1 Sport, 625Wh (2022)
Liv Embolden E+ 2, 500Wh (2022)
Canyon Neuron:ON 6, 630Wh (2023)
Cube Stereo hybrid 120 Race 625 (2023)

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Go to a retailer run by the owner and offer £1000 (or whatever) to give you a matching discount to get down to the £3k limit. It feels as though it might be illegal, but it probably isn't.

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
Many places will take the voucher against a higher priced bike and you pay the difference in cash.

powerfail

Jun 9, 2023
Leeds
Seems as though there is lots of sales on at the moment.

I am very tempted by this:

Do think it's possible to do better than this?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Have you seen this post from Rob? There must be a way to find an extra £300, or to make it disappear.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Have you seen this post from Rob? There must be a way to find an extra £300, or to make it disappear.

There is. If you pay me the extra £300 I'll negotiate that you save that and more ...

Or you could just buy it straight from Chain reaction as it's on offer at a total giveaway price of £2300 !!!

powerfail

Jun 9, 2023
Leeds
I thought the trance e +3 would be a better bike than vitus e mythique lt?

Better spec components and a Yamaha motor? I'm probably leaning more towards a trail bike over Enduro for the riding I do. Would the e mythique be a bit much for the UK (mostly around Yorkshire)?

What's the benefit of the vitus over the giant bike?

Thanks for your help!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I thought the trance e +3 would be a better bike than vitus e mythique lt?

Better spec components and a Yamaha motor? I'm probably leaning more towards a trail bike over Enduro for the riding I do. Would the e mythique be a bit much for the UK (mostly around Yorkshire)?

What's the benefit of the vitus over the giant bike?

Thanks for your help!
Better is very much down to the individual and what you want from the bike, the ownership experience, long term usability and so on.

The Giant is outstanding value there and you can't really do wrong with it, so if you like it, go for it.

With an EMTB these days, trail or Enduro won't make much difference for how it feels just riding it around. They're all setup well these days and you don't have to worry about wasting your energy with larger suspension bobbing up and down or a bike which doesn't feel as stable.

You could break down each part and try to compare differences but for me, the standout things are :

Advantages Giant : You're getting it from a shop, so if you have issues, you can just take it back and they can sort it. With E-bikes this can be pretty important ! You can also take it to a different Giant dealer if you have issues.

Advantages Vitus : With the Bafang motor it's far easier to get parts so you can do repairs down the line/out of warranty or easily buy a new motor or battery if you want. You could even change the type of motor if you wanted. With the Yamaha, it's Giants version of it. So in the UK, you CAN'T buy Yamaha motor parts. The Giant has their own electronics so you can't even source yamaha parts from elsewhere and use them and Giants electronics are pants.

If you're fairly new to it, the Giant is easier and gives more peace of mind in the short term. If you're confident, think you might change parts or tinker over time or plan to keep the bike more than 2 years, the Vitus gives more longer term ownership security - though at the possible risk that it could be harder to deal with issues (no shop) shorter term. Saying that. They want me to have my motor bolts checked for tightness (which I've already done, but for their paperwork, they want it done by a shop) so I can just take it to a shop of my choice - they've sent all the documentation already and then they'll reimburse me.

powerfail

Jun 9, 2023
Leeds
You had pretty much sold the vitus to me but unfortunately chain reaction / wiggle don't do cycle schemes at the moment.

Is there anyway around this? Looks like vitus are the only distributors in the UK. CRC have a store in Belfast which still do cycle scheme but it's a bit far to go from Yorkshire.

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
You had pretty much sold the vitus to me but unfortunately chain reaction / wiggle don't do cycle schemes at the moment.

Is there anyway around this? Looks like vitus are the only distributors in the UK. CRC have a store in Belfast which still do cycle scheme but it's a bit far to go from Yorkshire.
Do you have to go there in person? See if it can be arranged over the phone.

IcePaws

Sep 7, 2023
UK
Vitus e mythique prices have just come down significantly to well within your budget.
Stock available mid-late October from CRC

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles