Fuel EXe Fuel EXe walk mode malfunction

Sharkiedog

Sep 23, 2018
Northern California
When I engage walk mode, ~90% of the time no torque is being delivered to the rear wheel. If I lift the back and engage walk mode, the wheel will spin but when I lower the backend, the wheel will stop rotating immediately. If walk mode is engaged with both wheels on the ground and holding the bars back, the TQ tries to deliver torque by lurching forward but there’s no forward movement even on level ground. In ~10% of the time, it works as expected. There’s no difference in what gear it’s in.

The firmware is current as of today, July 6.

I don’t know if it’s always been like this since I don’t use walk mode.

alphapuppy

May 30, 2023
California, USA
I confess I have the same problem in his/her bikes that otherwise behave flawlessly. Whenever I've tried Walk mode it behaves erratically most of the time resulting in zero assist and an eventual motor error. Then after restart same... I kinda gave up on trying to figure out how it is supposed to work but it is certainly as far from intuitive as you can get... Can somebody offer some pointers? I don't think there is necessarily anything wrong with my bikes, but I'm increasingly convinced that walk mode is unusable as it exists today...

John57

May 19, 2023
Canada
My experience is I put it in walk mode then repress and hold. Let the bike roll back a bit and it engages. However my neighbor’s specialized e-bike’s walk mode, is much easier, press once then press again and it goes.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles