• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

From purion to kiox on old Bosch gen4

draliko

Oct 16, 2018
Courmayeur
After 2 years I can't stand the purion display anymore, seeing that there are retrofit kits for the kiox display I have 2 questions, if I'm not mistaken the new Bosch system uses a new app so the old kiox is practically dead software side? If I move to the kiox can I DIY upgrade the motor to include tour+ and future updates or I still need to go to service? Thanks

Solution
Unfortunately not, diy updates are only available with the smart system motor. Bosch has prevented this DIY by utilising different connectors, amongst other things.
You can still add Tour+ to the old system it just requires a visit to the bike shop, as you mentioned.

Hardtail

Mar 8, 2021
Uk
Unfortunately not, diy updates are only available with the smart system motor. Bosch has prevented this DIY by utilising different connectors, amongst other things.
You can still add Tour+ to the old system it just requires a visit to the bike shop, as you mentioned.

Solution

Hardtail

Mar 8, 2021
Uk
Mini System Controller
I did want to try the new mini remote with the frame-mounted controller. Of course, it would require cutting into the frame, but if someone had enough interest to modify the connectors on the mini controller it could all be wired into the motor before cutting to test it.
Assuming the mini remote only needs to communicate with the controller it will work. I highly doubt that the mini controller would work with the flow app for updates as the motor serial would not match a smart system...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles