Frequency of torque sensor calibration?

A06

Mar 9, 2023
Corona, CA
Is it normal to have the jumbotron frequently prompt to calibrate the torque sensor? Last ride I went on it seemed as if every other time I stopped it prompted me to put the bike in the lowest gear unload suspension and calibrate.

Don't mind doing it as part of the pre-ride routine but not every other time I stop.

S13

Mar 1, 2021
NL
It asks you? Mine has never done that.

I hardly ever calibrate, there is almost no drift in sensor value when i check (you can find the current and calibrated torque sensor value in the diag menu)

A06

Mar 9, 2023
Corona, CA
HMMM well thats weird. Will try a reset and see if it resolves.

I do have a habit of removing the battery to charge, wondering if disconnecting causes the prompt.

S13

Mar 1, 2021
NL
When you stop on the trail do you keep a foot on the pedal? If you do it will prompt you to calibrate the system.
Mine has never done that!?
If i keep my foot on the pedal whilest stopped, the motor will keep applying torque to the cranks, so automatically after a while i will remove my foot or move it to the bottom of the stroke where i dont apply any rotational force.

Robstyle

Nov 17, 2021
New Zealand
Best thing to do if you stop a bit is just turn the assistance off ie to 'it's all you'. Then you can rest on pedals
Pretty much would just calibrate every big ride, didn't really bother changing into 1st gear

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles