Frame Protection

leix_toffee

Jan 15, 2021
Ireland
Hi All, has anyone used “Invisifrane” bike protection and do you think this type of protection is necessary? I know my bike won’t have and little bikes, lol

Goderrs

Jul 23, 2019
Crawley
It’s great stuff but expensive, I just use AMS clear frame protection around £16 on Amazon and then bought 3M heli tape get 3meteres for around £10 and get most of the key areas covered.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Never have ..and probably never will
Its a mountain bike which I use in its intended environment ...big hills & mountains ( when travel permits ) so its going to take some stick .
A little bit of plastic wrapping isn't going to do too much to protect it ..and as I probably won't ever sell it I'm not bothered about a few scratches or future value ..?

blueglide

Jan 2, 2021
Tucson, AZ USA
I just put an Invisiframe kit on my Santa Cruz Heckler. I've used similar paint protection films on my motorcycles as well. The stuff is extremely tough and will save your frame from stone chips and scratches. It won't prevent a carbon or AL frame from breaking or bending but it will keep your expensive ebike looking new. I wouldn't own a carbon frame bike and ride the Arizona deserts without it.

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
My bike came with it installed. I would not have added if given the choice. The sections on the seat stays are peeling off from where my heels rub from time to time. They also used the shiny stuff on a matte frame...I'll be removing it all and adding something to the bottom of the down tube.

I do have an alloy frame though and may feel different if it were carbon - but that's why I went alloy. I crash, I get back on and go...never have to put frame before body...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles