Fox X2 Float 2021 - Issues

diogo282828

Mar 15, 2021
portugal
Hello there,

I've just upgrade my shock to a fox float x2 2021. ( Turbo Levo 2020 Comp)
Need a bit of help with it.
I dialed in the settings on the shock exactly per fox recommended setup. 210 psi for a 25%sag, I'm 158lbs/72kg. The shock behaves in the initial part of the stroke strangely, or at least very differently than my rockshox that came with the bike. There's a noticeable bump/harshness, It's like there s a groove that the shock needs to overcome in the beginning of the stroke. Pedaling through flat trails with roots and rocks the bike give this bumpinesss to the stroke. It's sort of threshold it n overcomes the come into the nice part of the stroke. I thought the shock was completely off, maybe faulty. I backed the low speed compression and rebound all the way, and it disappears. Right now I have 2 clocks of compression and rebound. I can still feel the bump slightly. High speed is per fox settings and I'm OK with it. 2 volume spacers. So long story short, is this feeling normal? It doesn't feel it. It's very weird. Give me your feedback guys.
Having a har time finding info on this shock for emtb. Thank you.
(Iv'e posted this oon the Specialized forum, but I think it belongs here)

CA320

Jun 22, 2020
SoCal
I would try 30% sag. I have mine at 30% and coming off a coil i don't feel much difference at all with the initial feel at the beginning of the stroke. You can always add another volume spacer if you want a bit more mid stroke support.

Also follow the procedure of balancing the negative chamber when adding air.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
have you equalised the negative air chamber in the shock?

sometimes if you just pump it straight up to 210psi without pausing and cycling the shock a few times as you inflate, the negative chamber doesnt equalise automatically and the shock feels very harsh. you need to compress the shock to about the sag point and you should hear a hiss as air moves from the main chamber to the neg chamber, you may need to do this afew times to get the neg chamber sufficiently equalised. Once you've done this, the main chamber may need a little more air because some air will have moved into the neg chamber.

see page 3 of the attached 605-00-165-FLOAT X2 Tuning Guide-revA.pdf (ridefox.com)

diogo282828

Mar 15, 2021
portugal
Hello all,

First of all, thank you for the feedback guys. appreciate it.
And, I did not inflate the shock as you state. I just pumped all the way straight to 200psi. checked sag, and went a further 20.
I'll do this when I get home today.
I'll keep you posted.

diogo282828

Mar 15, 2021
portugal
Hi guys,

Ive done what was mentioned here, pump the shock and cycle it through, but the sensation is the same. Probably its me. Not used to a shock with compression adjustment. Giving it. Little lsc and lsr the shock works great. I still use the 210psi, with near 25-20% sag. I like it firm.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Starting point for an X2 on most bikes is 25% sag, compression wide open (LSC and HSC), and rebound to Fox spec (or bike mfg spec) - not rebound wide open.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles