Fox grip2 2021 fork oil question

Ronald B

Jul 13, 2019
Netherlands
Hi all,
I have ordered the parts.
FOX 5wt. Teflon Infused 40cc in damper side.
But I am not sure if i have to put oil in the air side of the fork?

Thanx Ron

Rod B.

Aug 18, 2021
USA, Orange County Ca.
Ahhhh ok, thanx man..
Ronald,

What the others mentioned above is correct. To add further, you will need to add oil to three (3) places on the fork. Below are the oils, locations and required amounts.

Fox 36 GRIP2:
1) Dampener side of fork: 40cc of FOX 5wt. Teflon Infused oil.
2) Air side of fork, lower bath: 10cc of FOX 20wt. Gold
3) Air side of fork, upper air chamber (remove air cap to add oil) 3cc of FOX 20wt. Gold

Note: If you do add 3cc to the upper air chamber, check to see if there is old oil present in the chamber. If so, use a clean cloth or a syringe to wipe/suck up the old oil before adding the new oil. In other words, if 3cc of old oil is present, don't add another 3cc of new oil to the chamber and make it 6cc. You want only 3cc in the chamber.

Screenshot 2022-11-10 07.18.32.jpg

I hope this helps clarify things.
Cheers,
Rod

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
If you are just due a lowers service I wouldn't say topping the air chamber up is required, I would leave that until a full service is due personally. Chances are you won't see any oil in there because 3cc is only really enough to give everything a thin film coating. Most will actually be overfilled with grease from factory and I usually remove a bit of this when I install tokens from new.

Remember to soak your foam rings in oil before installing and use slick honey on the seals before putting them back together.