Fox 36 fork service

Marcharry

Mar 14, 2022
England
how many of you service your own forks? looks quite simple! is there any complete service kits anyone could recommend?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
If you're doing a full service incl replacing all seals you need the Fox service/seal kit.
and depending on which model/year 36 two different bottles of suspension fluid and seal grease.
and you also need a few specific tools

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Servicing forks is relatively straightforward. You need somethng like this:

And the info from the horses's mouth on how to do it is here. You'll need to identify your exact fork before starting although the procedure doesn't vary very much from one to another. You can also find no end of instructional videos on You tube including a few from Fox themselves.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
how many of you service your own forks? looks quite simple! is there any complete service kits anyone could recommend?

Yeah. It's not so simple that you'd recommend the job to a knucklehead, but if you know the difference between a King Dick and a Snap On, then you'll be ok. There are tiny little parts that you need to keep track of, so you need have pay attention to what you're doing.

You should do the service on schedule. If you wait until the fork "needs service," then you might be causing undue harm. I'll generally reuse the seals and crush washers once, as they'll be in good shape if you keep everything clean. The dampener seals can go even longer, as it's sealed up and stays clean in there. When doing the fluid, it's important to get out ALL the air.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Update. I did the fork service myself. very straight forward to be fair! bought the kit from Tf Tuned. thanks for the help on here too! my forks feel like new! service was well overdue (y):)
yep, did my sons 36 rhythm and my lyrik at the same time.
lyrik fork seals were easy to push in by hand but I had to make a drift for the 36's, the seals were much tighter to the stanchion.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles