Forest of Dean

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I was thinking fairly early to ensure parking is available. What suits you?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I'll be at the FoD again tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Starting at PABA I'll probably head over to Dowies and then hunting out Shutcastle and Sams.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Great day today. Tagged along with a clockwork couple at Dowies and they showed me Murdocks, Shutcastle Sweet As and Sams. Fantastic. @Rob Hancill, you're in for a treat next time you come over.

Then I went on a sole trail hunt, looking for something between Wasteland and Y2K. A seemingly simple trail nearly went very wrong with a small gap full of sticks leading into a large gap jump. The small gap had put me off my stride so I didn't hit the large gap. Looked nasty too, coming up short would hurt. A lot.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Frying Pan is between wasteland and y2k, just up the fireroad from wasteland going down the same direction. No mandatory gap jumps on it, probably some drops thou.

Sweet As and sams are great, I found them the other week for the first time, need to ride again. I rode murdocks too, which is an old favourite, but didn't have the nerve to do the drop onto the fire Road at the bottom.

There's a nice black trail on shutcastle too, go to the top and keep taking the lefthand trail until you're obviously on a black.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I think I saw the entry to Frying Pan, but went quite a lot further on. I was about to turn back and do it when I saw this other trail. It was quite benign to start off and the it all went a bit mental... I was only looking for something to liven up the drive back to the trail centre!

I bottled the drop too on the first attempt; I was on the tight right hand side line and didn't like the look of it, even though I'd just seen it done. By a girl! :ROFLMAO: I went back a bit and took the wider, left side line and dropped in. It's not one I would have attempted if I'd been on my own!

The couple I was with mentioned the Black, but she hadn't done it before and he hadn't done it for ages so we gave it a miss.

Reactions: Dax

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles