Review Forcefield pro shirt XV 2 air body armour vs Forcefield pro XV 2 review (first impressions)

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
Product Image:
forcefield.jpg

Product name: Forcefield pro shirt XV 2 air body armour (£199.99( vs Forcefield pro XV 2 review (£119) (first impressions)
Price paid: £119 & £199.99
Score (out of 10): 7

Review:
This is more an extension to the thread I created here Protective gear (knee pads, shin guards, helmets, body armour, xyz) - EMTB Forums Sometimes its just easier to show things in action! Its not a constructed review, more a spur of the moment thingy to offer a quick comparison to the Forcefield pro tops; feel free to roast away! :D

Thanks @Zimmerframe for the prior reviews on these tops and for all the amazing insight so far, my bones salute you!

I gave a 7 just because unfortunately it just seemed unpractical for use (for me personally), if the pads move around so much without a way to fix the position then I'm not sure how useful they will be, albeit different body shapes might work.....I think they went a little lazy by keeping their knee pads and elbow pads the same size, I get it offers more coverage for the elbows but in my test that didn't work out very well in the end, the CE1 pads from the pro motion top 2 seemed to be more effective.

Ill upload the Racer review now, its more interesting as I attack myself with a heavy metal plectrum maker!

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Product Image: View attachment 41633

Product name: Forcefield pro shirt XV 2 air body armour (£199.99( vs Forcefield pro XV 2 review (£119) (first impressions)
Price paid: £119 & £199.99
Score (out of 10): 7

Review:
This is more an extension to the thread I created here Protective gear (knee pads, shin guards, helmets, body armour, xyz) - EMTB Forums Sometimes its just easier to show things in action! Its not a constructed review, more a spur of the moment thingy to offer a quick comparison to the Forcefield pro tops; feel free to roast away! :D

Thanks @Zimmerframe for the prior reviews on these tops and for all the amazing insight so far, my bones salute you!

I gave a 7 just because unfortunately it just seemed unpractical for use (for me personally), if the pads move around so much without a way to fix the position then I'm not sure how useful they will be, albeit different body shapes might work.....I think they went a little lazy by keeping their knee pads and elbow pads the same size, I get it offers more coverage for the elbows but in my test that didn't work out very well in the end, the CE1 pads from the pro motion top 2 seemed to be more effective.

Ill upload the Racer review now, its more interesting as I attack myself with a heavy metal plectrum maker!
Nice job ! (it's in a mirror format, is that normal ? Maybe it's just for French viewers :ROFLMAO:)

It's interesting to see how the fit is different on different people. I have the small and the body length looks much better on you. As you say, the Forcefields are sized strangely - we both take a small which is crazy. They used to just make the armour for people to buy and upgrade, maybe they'd not quite sussed sizing, shape, position yet.

Fit wise, I find the shoulders just sit on my shoulders, there's a little roll forwards and backwards but not towards or away from the collar bone on me. The Elbows I'm still not sure about, I'm giving them time... :) I'm shorter than you, so the back nicely comes down and covers my coccyx - maybe Forcefield is sized more towards the calorie invested individual.

Colour wise, I think that's just dependant on the manufacturer. D3O is generally orange, but can be bought in black. Forcefield and Knox are generally yellow, and sometimes black. SAS-TEC seems to be generally yellow - and sometime black .......

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
@CB, based on your review, I checked the Amazon options and I bought the Forcefield Pro Jacket XV2.
I have been riding motorcycles for years, so I am used to elbows, shoulders and back protection, and thanks goodness I didn’t have any incidents, so I never crash-tested it.

It fits my body-type perfectly and is nice and warm, so it will be great for the UK winter.

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
@CB, based on your review, I checked the Amazon options and I bought the Forcefield Pro Jacket XV2.
I have been riding motorcycles for years, so I am used to elbows, shoulders and back protection, and thanks goodness I didn’t have any incidents, so I never crash-tested it.

It fits my body-type perfectly and is nice and warm, so it will be great for the UK winter.

Awesome!!! Definitely one of the better value tops for sure and if it fits well should be good! I’d still like to see some sort of basic Velcro fasteners to keep the armour tightly positioned like the Demon top

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles