Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Pre-Order now Open:

ricardowight

Dec 28, 2018
Isle of Wight UK
Great news. 252w will be perfect for my needs. Will pick one up the end of the month ??
Just bought one of these 252Wh Batteries. It's a beautifully made piece of kit. Graham has done a great job here.
I tried it out for the first time today on a big ride on my local Isle of Wight trails.
44 miles and 3835ft (higher than Snowdon!), of climbing later I'm well chuffed (but my backside is complaining!)
The internal battery was showing 14 miles of Eco and 10 miles of Trail range remaining at the end of the ride.
I set off with the Trailwatts battery attached and running as the initial power source as recommended by Graham, and it kept going until 29 miles in and over 2000ft of elevation!
After switching to the internal battery, I was a little surprised how quickly the first power indicator bar disappeared .
I guess that the two batteries were working together and that a little of the internal battery was depleted at the same time as the Trailwatts battery was running?
But that quickly settled down and the bike indicated the kind of range that I would expect.

I must point out though that my focus Jam2 is tuned down to :
Eco - 20% assist - 30NM- This negates the weight of the bike and gives a gentle push, like you're fitter than you really are.
Trail - 60% assist - 30Nm
Boost - 100% assist - 70Nm

So it's not a full fat EMTB and is reasonably light at 22.2kg (23.6kg with the Trailwatts).
The ride was done in a mix of Eco and Trail with only a few very short sections of Boost when climbing particularly challenging sections.

Much neater looking than the Focus T.E.C. pack - it just looks like you have a water bottle on there , very stealth, and I personally couldn't notice any difference in the ride/handling characteristics of the bike due to the extra 1.4 kg weight.

All good - thanks Graham & Trailwatts

Adventure awaits!!!

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Just bought one of these 252Wh Batteries. It's a beautifully made piece of kit. Graham has done a great job here.
I tried it out for the first time today on a big ride on my local Isle of Wight trails.
44 miles and 3835ft (higher than Snowdon!), of climbing later I'm well chuffed (but my backside is complaining!)
The internal battery was showing 14 miles of Eco and 10 miles of Trail range remaining at the end of the ride.
I set off with the Trailwatts battery attached and running as the initial power source as recommended by Graham, and it kept going until 29 miles in and over 2000ft of elevation!
After switching to the internal battery, I was a little surprised how quickly the first power indicator bar disappeared .
I guess that the two batteries were working together and that a little of the internal battery was depleted at the same time as the Trailwatts battery was running?
But that quickly settled down and the bike indicated the kind of range that I would expect.

Eco - 20% assist - 30NM- This negates the weight of the bike and gives a gentle push, like you're fitter than you really are.

So it's not a full fat EMTB and is reasonably light at 22.2kg (23.6kg with the Trailwatts).
The ride was done in a mix of Eco and Trail with only a few very short sections of Boost when climbing particularly challenging sections.

Much neater looking than the Focus T.E.C. pack - it just looks like you have a water bottle on there , very stealth, and I personally couldn't notice any difference in the ride/handling characteristics of the bike due to the extra 1.4 kg weight.

Adventure awaits!!!

View attachment 66759

View attachment 66760

View attachment 66764
Thank you for your feedback and support?

Winryn

Nov 10, 2019
Shropshire

Adventure awaits!!!

View attachment 66759

View attachment 66760

View attachment 66764

Appreciate the feedback. Interested ref them almost sharing the load. My primary reason for wanting one is to save the internal battery, not for extra distance. I do a good 3/4 10 milers with the wife’s each week on the evenings and I’m concerned I’m putting too many cycles through the battery. Like yourself my assist is knocked down so I usually see 35 miles min per charge but having now done 1700 miles I’d like the other battery to take the strain on smaller rides. If you could update after a few more rides on what is happening with the extender I’d appreciate it ??

ricardowight

Dec 28, 2018
Isle of Wight UK
Hi Winryn, My Jam2 has done over 4100 miles now and the battery has been charged many, many times.
I think the capacity of the internal battery has depleted very slightly now, but not by much.
When fully charged the display states the range as follows: Eco - 41miles, Trail - 31miles, Boost - 20miles.
This of course is only a guide and it really depends on loads of factors, but I can confidently expect 30 - 35 miles including a reasonable amount of elevation, mixed use of Eco/Trail and a few essential Boost sections, from a full charge.
The Trailwatts range extender should give me the confidence to venture a little further, but yes I need a few more rides to really get the measure of it.
The amount of range I had remaining on Saturday suggest that rides of 50 - 55 miles could be possible.

I'll report back after more rides - Cheers!?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Winryn

Nov 10, 2019
Shropshire
Hi Winryn, My Jam2 has done over 4100 miles now and the battery has been charged many, many times.
I think the capacity of the internal battery has depleted very slightly now, but not by much.
When fully charged the display states the range as follows: Eco - 41miles, Trail - 31miles, Boost - 20miles.
This of course is only a guide and it really depends on loads of factors, but I can confidently expect 30 - 35 miles including a reasonable amount of elevation, mixed use of Eco/Trail and a few essential Boost sections, from a full charge.
The Trailwatts range extender should give me the confidence to venture a little further, but yes I need a few more rides to really get the measure of it.
The amount of range I had remaining on Saturday suggest that rides of 50 - 55 miles could be possible.

I'll report back after more rides - Cheers!?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

appreciate that ??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles