focus sam2 or Specialized Turbo Kenevo Expert 6Fattie

MeeZog74

Jan 21, 2018
Holmfirth. Uk
Looking at getting an ebike soon.
Wanting an enduro style to help get more downhill runs at local spots.
Looking at both the Focus sam2 and the Specialized Turbo Kenevo Expert 6Fattie.

Anyone hit experience of either, or better still ridden/owned/compared the two?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Welcome @MeeZog74.

I’ve not ridden either but came very close to buying the Kenevo, but settled on another Levo.

I’m a Specialized fan so would say based on what you are riding the Kenevo would be a great choice :cool:

MeeZog74

Jan 21, 2018
Holmfirth. Uk
That's what I'm thinking too.
I've gotta try get a proper demo test ride on both to make my mind up eventually.
For now I'm just trying to find out if there are known issues with either and if either stand out or fall down in specific areas?

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
Think they are both too new for any known issues unless you want to base things on their shorter travel counterparts the Jam2 & Levo.
The Focus bikes big advantage can also be seen as its achilles heel. The inbuilt battery is smaller reducing weight producing a more spritely bike, downside being you cannot remove the pack to charge it and it won't go so far unless you invest in the piggy back battery that takes it up to the weight of its competitors but with more range.
The Levo & Jam2 have a very different feel suspension wise, not sure how that will translate to the bigger bikes.

mydogkoal

Mar 19, 2018
orange county california
I currently have a levo and looking to do the same thing. I have the smaller battery on my levo and never really come close to draining it. My biggest problem with the Levo is that at 50LBs its very slow and difficult to move around on downhill sections. You just plow through things. The Kenevo is 56lbs and the Sam2 is 46Lbs so I am tempted to get the Sam2. If your Kenevo breaks down there are hundres of shops which isnt the same as the Focus. I would love to try both or even read a review comparing them.

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
There are plenty of places that deal with a Shimano motor, other than that the Sam2 is just a bike like any other.
Would think a 170 or 180mm travel bike is going to be even more of a plough than the Levo. I did find the Jam2 to be more 'poppy' than the Levo I think it's more to do with the suspension design rather than the weight though.

mydogkoal

Mar 19, 2018
orange county california
There are plenty of places that deal with a Shimano motor, other than that the Sam2 is just a bike like any other.
Would think a 170 or 180mm travel bike is going to be even more of a plough than the Levo. I did find the Jam2 to be more 'poppy' than the Levo I think it's more to do with the suspension design rather than the weight though.
The Kenevo would definately be more of a plow but the suspension would make it feel smoother. The Levo is pretty rough on my body compared to my Nomad. I like to do drops and jumps when I can.

njn

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2018
USA
Sizing is critical. The reach is the same on both large models at 455, but the kenevo is available in xl. If you are 6'+, the large will likely feel cramped.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles