Focus jam2 v cube stero hybrid 140 sl

Gilesy

Oct 7, 2022
Uk
Hi all I'm about to buy my first emtb I've narrowed it down to this 2 I think 🤔
Either the focus jam2 bosch or shimano drive unit or the cube stero hybrid 140 sl
Which one is better and what's the pros and cons who has one what do you think of them also if I go down the jam2 which motor shimano is 720w battery bosch is 625w
Cube I belive is 720w

Cheers everyone

Clean

Subscriber
Jul 1, 2022
West Yorkshire
I have the Cube, and absolutely love it.

I am on a steady upgrade journey, and by the end of next week there will be little left of it beyond the Frame, Motor, Stem and Bars that are original, but that is because I am anal about custom-ing my rides, and not because there is anything wrong with it, as delivered.

I have put 500 miles on mine in the first two months of ownership, and have given it some real stick - uphill and down - and it has not skipped a beat.

Awesome piece of kit for the money.

I won’t go down the usual Motor-Wars rabbit hole, other than to say that, from everything I have read and seen on mate’s whips, Bosch and Shimano appear to be the two to pick from………

Whatever you choose, if you ride it like you stole it, that’s all that matters.

Dig in, and enjoy!

Gilesy

Oct 7, 2022
Uk
I have the Cube, and absolutely love it.

I am on a steady upgrade journey, and by the end of next week there will be little left of it beyond the Frame, Motor, Stem and Bars that are original, but that is because I am anal about custom-ing my rides, and not because there is anything wrong with it, as delivered.

I have put 500 miles on mine in the first two months of ownership, and have given it some real stick - uphill and down - and it has not skipped a beat.

Awesome piece of kit for the money.

I won’t go down the usual Motor-Wars rabbit hole, other than to say that, from everything I have read and seen on mate’s whips, Bosch and Shimano appear to be the two to pick from………

Whatever you choose, if you ride it like you stole it, that’s all that matters.

Dig in, and enjoy!
I'm hopefully getting a test ride on both tomorrow. Morning but both will be bosch he has no demo shimano ones in at the moment so I want to see how both feel before I buy

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
My mate drives a Focus Jam with vertical rear shock, I drive a '22 Cube 160 SL.
The main difference I feel is that his size-L feels bigger than my size-L, but haven't measured it.

Gilesy

Oct 7, 2022
Uk
I got a spin on 3 different ebikes today
Focus jam2 6.9 it had the wrong tryes on it which made the front feel very twitchy in the corners not a lot of grip but the bike was fantastic and rode like a dream
Trek rail not sure what model it was again but it had full xt spec it's amazing needed better tyres but it rode like a dream again not setup for me but I loved it
Merida was the best imo for me shimano motor felt more natural over the bosch but the bosch cx gave a kick coming out of the corners but I felt more confident on the Merida maybe a slightly shorter reach meant I could get more weight over the front in the corners
Decision Decision I'm not not sure what I want or need to much choice 🤔 😅

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles