Float X tune on a Rise

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
Just bought a Float X to replace the DPS that came on my Rise.

Can anyone with a Float X that came standard on their bike share the code for the original shock?

The shock I've ordered comes as follows

2023_22, FLOAT X, P-Se, A, 2pos-Adj, Evol LV, 210, 50, 0.4 Spacer, CM, RM, Rezi LM

So

PS-e = Performance Elite,
A = Anodised,
2 Pos-Adj = 2 position adjustable,
Evol LV = Evol Large Volume air can
210,50 = 210x50 (I'll remove the travel spacer to get 210x55)
0.4 Spacer = 0.4Cu" Positive air chamber spacer.
CM = Medium Compression tune.
RM = Medium rebound tune.
Rezi LM = Medium Tune for the Base Valving (platform damping with the lever set to firm).

I want to see whether the Rise has a custome tune and how far off I'll be from the OEM spec shock.

Yeah... Probably should have checked before I ordered it 😂

mistermtb

Oct 17, 2022
Poland
Hi,
Mine is as follows:

2022 Series FLOAT X 2pos​

Serial number: 839275-0095-T
Part number: 979-00-719
Description: 2022, FLOAT X, P-S, A, 2pos, Evol LV, Orbea, Occam/Rise, 210, 55, 0.6 Spacer, CM, RM, Rezi LMB1, No Logo, Neutral Logo

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
Awesome. Thanks!

So if you've got Rezi LMB1 and I'm getting Rezi LM I wonder if that means I'm lacking some degree of free bleed in the base valve assembly. No idea what that equates to in the real world 😂

That's really helpful though, thank you.

kotto25

Oct 27, 2021
New Jersey
Hi, I’m thinking of picking up one of these. Anyone know if one from a Spec Evo/Levo would work on the Rise? There are a bunch of them for sale on PB. They mention they have Specialized “trail” tune.

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
Depends on the valving really. Ideally, you'd need to get the code off the shock as compare it to the spec for the Rise as posted by mistermtb up above.

If the there's a big difference in the tune, it might not ride well.

I bought one that has a different base valve assembly but compression and reboind appear to be the same spec. 2 rides in and it rides ok so far although it's been pretty wet so haven't had much of a chance to get a proper feel for it.

Not sure where you are in the world but they're still available from Propain for dirt cheap. Mine came in at £263 (UK) with import duty and vat which was cheaper than buying second hand!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles