• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Flat pedals

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Im thinking about having a go with some flats i need a large platform can anybody reccomend something grippy with a low profile please

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Ok thanks mate i narrowed it down to crank bros stamp. Speshh boomslang or ht aeo6 any comments please

Last edited:

Interpaul

Jun 18, 2018
Edinburgh
From my post, the HT AE03 and One Up Components looked the best for my needs. They are very thin which should help with pedal strikes.

I Bought the HT AE03 by the way.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Just tried a pair of aeo3 fantastic pedal but a bit small for me hence the interest in the aeo6

davegixer

Jul 7, 2018
UK
Im thinking about having a go with some flats i need a large platform can anybody reccomend something grippy with a low profile please

Are you moving to flats from clipless Dave? I very nearly did, but decided on flat-clipless instead - Crank Brother Mallet DH, they should be here today.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Yes using saints clips at the moment but gonna try flats just ordered crank bros stamp

jamied

Mar 14, 2018
UK
Are you moving to flats from clipless Dave? I very nearly did, but decided on flat-clipless instead - Crank Brother Mallet DH, they should be here today.

I've used the mallet DH's for years, nice pedal and you can use it with normal shoes if you don't mind a slight lump in the middle of your shoe. Although I've switched to the DMR Brendog Vault for my ebike, only got the signature model as they were cheaper than the regular model. Very good pedal, loads of grip.

npatrix

May 22, 2018
Joburg, South Africa
I am on the same page as you, I think that to explore new trails flats are a better choice (at least confidence goes up), I ordered some DMR Vault, based on the reviews and comments around the forum.

davegixer

Jul 7, 2018
UK
I've used the mallet DH's for years, nice pedal and you can use it with normal shoes if you don't mind a slight lump in the middle of your shoe. Although I've switched to the DMR Brendog Vault for my ebike, only got the signature model as they were cheaper than the regular model. Very good pedal, loads of grip.

Had the first spin out with the Mallet DH and I like them so far - fairly east to stamp into them and a really good platform if you aren't clipped in. Seem reasonably easy to unclip in panic-mode too, which is important for me due to my all too often lack of skill.
I'll stick with them for now, but there is a part of me still fancies trying some flats with sticky shoes for trail stuff. It's only money ey :rolleyes:

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles