Flat battery woes reign e+2 - 2022

ironmanalishi

Dec 28, 2021
South Wales uk
Hi all, I ran my battery flat on the weekend…tried to charge it up overnight and it won’t accept a charge ( I did this on the bike) next approach was, I removed the battery and attempted to charge it off the bike to no avail…..any ideas please ?

ironmanalishi

Dec 28, 2021
South Wales uk
The green LED is flashing…..usually when it’s fully charged it goes solid…does This help ? I just dived back into the garage and turned off the charger (unplugged it from the mains) to reset it and will see if that helps…incidentally, I note that the white LEDs on the battery itself are now pulsing….I can’t say whether they were before as I didn’t make a mental note of this !

Rubinstein

Subscriber
Apr 7, 2022
kent
Sounds like it’s charging.
Flashing green light means charging,
Solid means fully charged, as you say.
If it’s off the bike and you can see the lights on the battery pulsing it is taking a charge. If you are charging from completely flat this will probably take over 5hrs. If it’s flashing green I would leave it alone and let it charge. Note for the future is if you press the button next to the flashing Led on the charger this will charge quite quickly to 60%, handy on a flat Battery.

ironmanalishi

Dec 28, 2021
South Wales uk
just a quick update for you guys following….I took the battery out of the frame and after a liberal spraying of the connectors with gt85 water displacment spray, I used the out of frame charging attachment and charged it up satisfactorily….I’ve also sprayed the frame internals and the charger port on the base of the frame and given it a bit of a gentle wipe over/cleanup….at least the battery is now fully charged……I’ll take her out soon(I ride it most days) and see if it will accept a charge with the battery back in the frame….I’ve found reseating the battery sometimes helps, it may have just been a coincidence that I ran it flat…….as a follow up,as it had enough power onboard, after it took a charge….I ran the basic diagnostics on the app and nothing to report there!
I’ll take a ride when the weather improves(or at least in the daylight tomorrow) and see if she will accept a charge with the battery in the frame afterwards. if not, I’m guessing something in that in-frame circuit is the culprit. Luckily I’ve still got another 13 months on the warranty. As an aside, I just noticed that the app states that the bikes last service was 9 miles ago….which is certainly not the case, so I have no idea where that information is coming from ! Ill share further outcomes as they arise and would like to thank everyone who’s helped so far with advice !

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
This happens to my bike too. I have to turn off the charger each time and then plug in and turn it on. Otherwise it flashes green all night and no juice. An easy fix but annoying.

The charge light needs to go red solid. Then green flash.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles