Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
Product Image:
1F4C6DEB-788E-4B79-A0C6-B79F41CC9ABD.jpeg

Product name: Five ten freerider pro
Price paid: £119.95
Score (out of 10): 10

Review: I bought these after reading reviews on here and on internet. I take a size eight and have wide feet, but I have odd feet one is bigger than the other Slightly. I normally take a size 8 so opted for a 8.5. because I want to wear my sealskinz in winter with them. One foot is perfect fit the other is a little snug but I think it will stretch out a bit with wear. That’s down to my odd feet not the shoes. Wore them today and can’t believe how sticky they are, just like wearing spd’s. i would recommend these but go half size bigger. (y)

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I’m after some Freerider Pro’s but can’t find any for sale anywhere online. Anyone know of any MTB shops that might have some in stock?

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
I looked at those but was concerned they wouldn't breathe very well. Would be better for cold rides though. I do have two pairs of 510's one for cleats and one for flats.

Wore their Moccasin climbing shoes for years and years, probably two dozen pairs. I used to order them in 7.0 and 7.5 it was a special order but back in the 90's they'd sell mismatching sizes.

Top notch company, we'll have to see how it goes now that Adidas bought them.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I looked at those but was concerned they wouldn't breathe very well. Would be better for cold rides though. I do have two pairs of 510's one for cleats and one for flats.

Wore their Moccasin climbing shoes for years and years, probably two dozen pairs. I used to order them in 7.0 and 7.5 it was a special order but back in the 90's they'd sell mismatching sizes.

Top notch company, we'll have to see how it goes now that Adidas bought them.

I rode with mine all summer with lots of plus 90's days without thinking my feet were too hot or sweating too much.

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
Love my 510’s. They’re expensive, but very good. And they can handle being chucked in the washing machine once a week, which is a bonus! Have Adidas discontinued them, as I’d like a second pair, but stock seems to be quite limited?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Love my 510’s. They’re expensive, but very good. And they can handle being chucked in the washing machine once a week, which is a bonus! Have Adidas discontinued them, as I’d like a second pair, but stock seems to be quite limited?

I've just ordered some Impact Pro's instead from Stiff MTB - their website said they were out of stock but the website hasn't been updated. Worth a call. They have a shop in the Yorkshire Dales and one in Bristol - Stif Mountain Bikes

EME

MUPPET
Subscriber
Aug 14, 2020
Zug
I have both the Freerider and Freerider Pro. If you have wide feet then the Freerider has significantly more width than the Pro in my opinion. The Freerider Pro is heavier and more supportive ( more like work boots than a shoe!) .

I
've worn the Pro all winter and they seem bomb proof as well as water resistant & warm. They haven't stretched at all but Ill be glad to put my Freeriders back on when the weather improves and would be my go-to shoe of choice of the two.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
612D64C8-32D9-4720-9E13-0F1CF2A14AC3.jpeg
00AA9BD1-CFBE-4BC9-97B7-F257B184098A.jpeg

The Impact Pro’s arrived mid week so had a chance to test them out this weekend. Ridden around 45 miles in them

Feel much chunkier than traditional Freeriders, almost like a boot. Great protection around the ankle and toes and the sole is probably twice the thickness so will hopefully last much longer. I ordered a size up (11 rather than 10) and I wear a thick pair of Sealskinz socks when riding. After a couple of hours I did notice a slight pain in my toes so maybe should have gone up another half size, but it’s only a slight pain from the boots feeling a bit tight so nothing to worry about really

Only had one accident on the bike slipping on ice and my feet didn’t take the impact (my knee took that one!) so can’t say how protective they are, but as mentioned before they do feel extremely sturdy. I’ll probably still use Freeriders in the summer but well happy with these Impact Pros for now

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
View attachment 51706 View attachment 51707

The Impact Pro’s arrived mid week so had a chance to test them out this weekend. Ridden around 45 miles in them

Feel much chunkier than traditional Freeriders, almost like a boot. Great protection around the ankle and toes and the sole is probably twice the thickness so will hopefully last much longer. I ordered a size up (11 rather than 10) and I wear a thick pair of Sealskinz socks when riding. After a couple of hours I did notice a slight pain in my toes so maybe should have gone up another half size, but it’s only a slight pain from the boots feeling a bit tight so nothing to worry about really

Only had one accident on the bike slipping on ice and my feet didn’t take the impact (my knee took that one!) so can’t say how protective they are, but as mentioned before they do feel extremely sturdy. I’ll probably still use Freeriders in the summer but well happy with these Impact Pros for now
so for winter riding a size and a half up !! im guessing in summer a size up would be fine?

chamaruco

Inactive Member
Dec 28, 2020
Arezzo
in September '21, 2500km ago..i bought this pair of shoes.
it is normal that now i need a new one? They last so shortly ? I can see the white rubber and the foot it is not stable as usually is.
E32CB104-AB7E-4A97-A264-85DAB9DADECD.jpeg

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
I find a pair of vans with their waffle sole design to grip just as well, cost less and weigh less. I like to feel the pedals through my footwear too. 510's feel like i've got construction site boot on 😂

I've had a pair for 8 months now and more than 2000KM in all weathers and they are still ok. What surprised me is the sole is still at 97%.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles