Levo Gen 2 Fitting Hope Tech 3 V4 braided hose

Roger20

Mar 6, 2020
West Yorkshire UK
Can anyone give a definitive answer as to whether its possible to fit braided hoses in the conduits of a Specialized Turbo Levo (2019/20). I have read that Hope say a braided hose is the same 5mm diameter as the normal black hose.

However I have also read, possibly on this forum that it's not possible for some reason. Would just like to hear from someone who has either done it or tried and failed.

Thanks

DC101

May 20, 2019
Kent
I fitted hope braided lines to 2 2020 kenevo's with no issues. Best advice is to get yourself a Rockshox barb tool. Pull the new hose through with the old one.

Roger20

Mar 6, 2020
West Yorkshire UK
I fitted hope braided lines to 2 2020 kenevo's with no issues. Best advice is to get yourself a Rockshox barb tool. Pull the new hose through with the old one.
Thanks - just what I wanted to hear. Any need to lubricate or did they just pull through using the barb tool?

What do you think of the Hopes? I have Guide REs which are OK but seem to need a lot of maintenance whereas Hope Mono Minis over nearly 20 years have been virtually maintainenance free apart from pad changes.

DC101

May 20, 2019
Kent
Thanks - just what I wanted to hear. Any need to lubricate or did they just pull through using the barb tool?

What do you think of the Hopes? I have Guide REs which are OK but seem to need a lot of maintenance whereas Hope Mono Minis over nearly 20 years have been virtually maintainenance free apart from pad changes.
I did use a little bit of gt85 on one of the bikes, but didn't really need it. The other bike was brand new so didn't bother.

I cut the stock hose at the caliper, and the hope at the master cylinder. Attached the 2 hoses together and pushed them up through the frame. Can apply some slight pulling force, but mostly push the hose through.

I really like the hopes. I run V4's on all of my bikes with no issues. Had 1 leaking seal on the rear caliper (brakes were 2 years old). £5 for the hope seal kit and 30mins work and they are back together. That has been the only issue I have had.

bluewater87

Jul 12, 2020
Canada
Can anyone give a definitive answer as to whether its possible to fit braided hoses in the conduits of a Specialized Turbo Levo (2019/20). I have read that Hope say a braided hose is the same 5mm diameter as the normal black hose.

However I have also read, possibly on this forum that it's not possible for some reason. Would just like to hear from someone who has either done it or tried and failed.

Thanks

I have had hope normal and braided lines.
the braided are definitely bigger.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles