Fitting a fox specific front mud guard

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
I’ve finally managed to get a mudguard for my fox 38 forks , on the fox website it states you have to lay them flat and fit the mudguard to the bleed valves ..... the question I have is that do I have to remove my forks and do I need to depressurise the fork to fit ... can I do it with the fork on or will oil just pump out of it ? ... any guidance would be appreciated ?

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
Oh, I hadn't seen those instructions. I just fit mine while they were on the bike and didn't get any oil coming out.
My forks just had 2 allen bolts to remove, they didn't have a pressure release button on them.

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
I wasn’t aware of the ‘instructions’ when I fitted mine (there weren’t any included with the guard after all...), just bolted it on applying logic. I’ve not messed with it since and 600 miles later all is fine.

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
I wasn’t aware of the ‘instructions’ when I fitted mine (there weren’t any included with the guard after all...), just bolted it on applying logic. I’ve not messed with it since and 600 miles later all is fine.
Thanks .... I just was worried that oil would come out ..... do you have the 36 or 38 forks ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles