Levo Gen 3 First issue @ 450 miles 🥹 Gen 3 bought 3 months ago

Wayne509

Dec 4, 2019
Fife Scotland
That’s not actually true as I’m sure the bike had done it briefly before …… this is what’s happening

On a couple of occasions I had thought I felt the bike stop assisting very briefly but wondered if I had imagined it and kind of forgot about it until today

After a couple of miles gentle but constant climbing the bike stopped assisting for maybe a second or so on several occasions. I checked the connection to the battery which seemed fine. I changed it back to standard preset on Mission Control ( was clutching at straws by this time ). I also switched the bike off and on again . I continued on and did it more frequently. I was in the middle of nowhere and decided to continue uphill. It was now really quite steep. The bike still did it on and off and the last time it stopped for maybe 2 seconds. I thought that was it giving up forever. Unfortunately it was at a time I really needed the help … granny gear in turbo at the time . Trying to keep going I was giving it max effort and the motor suddenly kicked back in . Because of how I was positioned it chucked me off . No big deal and no damage .

So I turned about and headed down ….. the bike shop was maybe 10 miles away so headed there. Bike was perfect all the way .

Nothing showed up on the diagnostic check
Dealer called the spesh guy and motor is getting swapped . Dealer removed plastics to get motor serial number and said clean , dry and all connections appeared fine.
Rode it home another 10 miles and still perfect

Anyone else had any cutting out ? If so what was it ?

Cheers

Wayne509

Dec 4, 2019
Fife Scotland
The curse of the Lomonds? My 2018 developed uncontrolled over-run on West Lomond.
i Was a bit peed off as planned to do the top of East then ride up west and home via Leslie …. I suppose I should be grateful it got me home eh 😂. The funny thing is 10 mins before I was thinking how good a bike it actually was … now I’m always going to wonder if I should have gone Bosch again . Excellent service from Bryan at Leslie bike shop though. Fingers crossed the new motor solves it

Wayne509

Dec 4, 2019
Fife Scotland
Hi sounds very similar to what’s happening with mine at the moment. Did new motor solve your issue?
Haven’t had it fitted yet … waiting on getting a few other parts in for it and it seems fine again now .
Did yours happen on a long climb ?

Leeky1

Jan 29, 2023
Shropshire
Haven’t had it fitted yet … waiting on getting a few other parts in for it and it seems fine again now .
Did yours happen on a long climb ?
Yes mate was about half way up. Mines still doing it but very intermittent. It’s like it’s being turned off then back on very quickly. I took it to dealer for an update and there was an error code, was told to try it to see if it has cured it. Probably 50% better but still not right.

Wayne509

Dec 4, 2019
Fife Scotland
Yes mate was about half way up. Mines still doing it but very intermittent. It’s like it’s being turned off then back on very quickly. I took it to dealer for an update and there was an error code, was told to try it to see if it has cured it. Probably 50% better but still not right.
What did the error code point to ?

jimmy1873

Jan 30, 2023
Utah
I have about 200 miles on my Carbon Comp. It does the same thing but only in turbo mode. I don't use turbo very often so I haven't bother taking it back to the dealer yet. I'll be curious to hear if your dealer determines what the cause is.

Wayne509

Dec 4, 2019
Fife Scotland
I have about 200 miles on my Carbon Comp. It does the same thing but only in turbo mode. I don't use turbo very often so I haven't bother taking it back to the dealer yet. I'll be curious to hear if your dealer determines what the cause is.
I will update the thread if if ever does it again. I won’t hear what it is as they are going to swap the motor

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Just my 2 cents worth, but the circumstances you talk about when it cuts outs sounds like it's when it's in the highest mode and under great load, so could the problem be some sort of internal overheating problem. Have you touched the outer casings to see if they are warm?? Just a thought...

jimmy1873

Jan 30, 2023
Utah
Interesting thought on overheating. I can be riding without issue, switch to turbo and get the cut-out issue, and then switch back and have no problem anymore. I wouldn't think it the temperature would fluctuate enough in that span of time but maybe.

It hasn't been enough of an issue yet for me to bring it to my dealer. On my "to do" list though.

Wayne509

Dec 4, 2019
Fife Scotland
Just my 2 cents worth, but the circumstances you talk about when it cuts outs sounds like it's when it's in the highest mode and under great load, so could the problem be some sort of internal overheating problem. Have you touched the outer casings to see if they are warm?? Just a thought...
I suggested overheating to the bike shop … I am a big lad at 18st and it was a long turbo climb ( although it was in granny gear ) . They said it would have thrown a fault code . Bike is going into the shop today so will see what happens with the new motor

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles