First couple rides tubless.

Razz1

Apr 7, 2020
Pennsylvainia,usa
Got bike back tubless First couple rides one10miles, one 7 miles , today 16 miles. Fire roads and singletrack. Started with 30 psi. Front and rear. Lots of grip. Some rocks some mud great ride. And the main thing..no punctures...

comtn

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
Colorado Springs
Keep playing with the pressure. You can go a lot lower than that if you have good tires with a stiff sidewall. I run cushcore so I do 18 up front and 20 in the rear. Pre cushcore I was at 20-22.

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
Nice one. Carry a Stans Dart or similar with you though... at some point you’ll get a puncture the sealant just refuses to fix.

Razz1

Apr 7, 2020
Pennsylvainia,usa
Nice one. Carry a Stans Dart or similar with you though... at some point you’ll get a puncture the sealant just refuses to fix.
Thanks for the tip. I will carry plug kit. Got a spare as well. Checked for sealant after ride looked like no leaks. Lots of rocky sections. Like little knives. Put a beating on tires and they were fine. Great trail start with 4 miles down hill. Then at end 4 miles back up hill. Luckily I had the right bike for the job. Would of been dragging up that hill on ex 8. Rail flew up hill. Also stopped to catch few trout on way.
20200503_103649.jpg

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
I found a tear in the sidewall of a tyre a few months ago, in pre-DART days Sealant wouldn't fix, nor would a noodle type plug. Luckily tyre was well worn so didn't mind changing it. Found another one last month, sealant wouldn't fix, DART sorted it. Stan's DART, IMHO is the best tubeless repair system.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles