Finally got my Vitus E Sommet VRS 2020

CH61S

Apr 27, 2020
Rhondda south Wales
So after a long and painfull wait i received my e Sommet vrs yesterday from chain reaction and first impressions are good, Just got back off 15 mile ride with 3 bars of battery left!

First off CRC are useless. Maybe this is down to the current covid situation or maybe not, I don't know but they honestly have no idea where or when bikes will be delivered at the moment. I was told the bike was still in the warehouse and later that day it turned up unannounced at the door, it had actually been shipped out last week!
So they literally have no idea where or when bikes will arrive.

However on the plus side the bike did arrive in a nice solid box that was in pristine condition unlike a lot I've seen over the last few weeks so hopefully they have sorted that out for those still waiting.

Secondly a few things I was concerned about before buying the bike.

The colour. I wasn't crazy about it in the pictures online but in the flesh its really nice so no regrets there.

Sizing. I'm about 5.10 and went for a large and im so glad I did. It's spot on I'd never want it any smaller. Actually my large Mondraker foxy is a longer bike so this fits my needs perfectly.

Only downsides for me was the dropper didn't work out of the box. I think this is due to the routing down around the motor. This is a mess however you look at it and hopefully something that will be improved on in future models. I'm yet to do the motofoam trick yet but I definitely will be doing it soon to try and keep the area clean and tidy. Also the brakes are squealing a bit, not sure why this is? Maybe it will sort itself out in time.

It's early days but the bike feels solid and planted on the trails. It took me some time to get used to it as I've never ridden an e MTB before but a few miles in and it felt great. The fox forks and shock are superb. Super smooth and plush even on some steep technical decents and drop offs and the gear change is spot on.

So overall happy with the purchase and it's definitely a bargain if like me you bought it at the sale price.

If your looking at these bikes i can only say go for it! You won't regret it.

IMG_20200512_102607.jpg
IMG_20200512_102648.jpg
IMG_20200512_102652.jpg
IMG_20200512_102701.jpg
IMG_20200512_102624.jpg
IMG_20200511_154121.jpg

IMG_20200512_102613.jpg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Nice - I have had mine over 2 years now and I love it more than they day I got it, once you get used to the bike, learn it’s limits and what it’s capable of, it’s a pure fun machine

Blutac

May 2, 2020
Leeds
I've had mine for two weeks and apart from having to re-install the dropper it's been great. I'm still getting used to the motor and playing with the settings. Eco and trail are too close together so i've upped the trail setting and it means i dont really use boost. At 56 years old i've had more fun riding this thing than any bike I've ever owned :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles