FF Levo to Shuttle SL

RM.SGO

Apr 25, 2020
Danville, CA
Hey guys. Have my eye on a Shuttle SL at my local shop. Coming from a FF Levo (and being very middle-aged and not the strongest climber) I was curious if anyone that may have had both or made the swap could try and equate the support from the Pivot SL to something like 'Trail' mode on the Levo. Do a lot of solo riding but also join up with others who have FF bikes (although they tend not to be too abusive of their power) and trying to get a sense for what kind of a transition I would be in for. Thanks!

MarkE192

Aug 1, 2022
USA
I currently own a Shuttle SL and have also owned FF Levo's in the past. I do also currently ride a Yeti 160e. When riding by myself or others with mid power ebikes I don't typically have any issues with the power of the Shuttle SL and compared to the Kenevo SL and Levo SL I owned it has quite a bit more punch. It is when things get steep and the bike is at the max power output that you really feel the difference. The Shuttle has enough power to get up most climbs without killing your self but you won't be able to reach the top in the same time frame. If you are riding with others on FF or you are expecting to get the climbs done as fast as you did on your Levo you will have to expend significantly more energy to do so. If I am going for a ride I always reach for my Shuttle SL. Only if I am short on time or am riding with buddies who want to ride their FF in turbo, do I grab my Yeti. Hope that helps!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles