Fantic coming to the UK

Japuserid

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall, UK
Neat looking bike, I liked the 29" front / 27.5" rear setup, Enduro dirt bikes always had a larger front than rear. I see Ktm are offering it now :unsure: I tried to get info on one of these ages ago, when it was shown at the 2017 Interbike, but heard sweet FA back from Fantic in Italy.....................if they can't be bothered to sell me one what hope would I have if it went wrong :eek:. Hopefully a proper UK importer should sort that.....................(y)

Japuserid

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall, UK
There seem to be a lot more variants of it now compared to Eurobike 180mm down to 140mm. Really slack geometry and a whopping 630wh battery!?

Mtb elettriche Fantic - ebike, fat bike ed e-mtb per il fuoristrada
Yes that's right, I remember now, they use their own battery design they get them made in Germany somewhere, 630wh :p I did a fair bit of digging around when I first saw it ............remember they were making a lot about the new Brose S motor as well. Have you had a look at the Fantic website..........

Welcome to Fantic Bikes World - E bike Made in Italy

No Prices that I can see anywhere. found this older model on the US site

XF1 - CASA 27.5+:oops:

Seem's like a fair bit of money to me, :eek: I wonder how much they are going to be asking for the Integra model's :cry:

Last edited:

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
I have seen the Fantic site. I put a link in my second post, it doesn't really stand out in the light grey text.

My buddy who had one of the 180mm Haibike Nduro's was keen on one. He looked at importing but decided against it without any sort of uk support.

Don't seem to be able to see any weights for the bikes, with a carbon version you'd think it would be there to persuade you to part with more cash! I guess it will not be a featherweight with the big battery.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
My good friend and mentor Perry Kramer (of PK ripper fame) signed on to be a sales rep for Fantic here in Southern California last year. I was even at the photo shooter he did for Electric Bike Action Magazine.
We considered bringing them into our shop, but the lack of dealer and customer support was a major red flag.
It was a shame, the bike rode really well.

Japuserid

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall, UK
My good friend and mentor Perry Kramer (of PK ripper fame) signed on to be a sales rep for Fantic here in Southern California last year. I was even at the photo shooter he did for Electric Bike Action Magazine.
We considered bringing them into our shop, but the lack of dealer and customer support was a major red flag.
It was a shame, the bike rode really well.
Hey Al

When you say 'the bike rode really well', which model did you ride ? Was it one of the newer Integra model's ? I cannot find a single review anywhere so would be interested to hear your thoughts :)

Japuserid

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall, UK
Your not thinking of cancelling the Meta are you Japuserid????
:unsure: ..........No definitely won't be doing that, but had Fantic got back to me, when I first contacted them, I would almost certainly have bought one the new Integra's :cool:

I must confess that I am a bit of an Italia-file, you can generally sell me anything with made in Italy on it :D much to my mates amusement. :LOL:

Ducati motorcycles, Ferrari...... Fiat, I only bought my current van because it has a Fiat motor in it......my dream car, :love: Fiat Panda :p

Japuserid

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall, UK
@Japuserid have you had any Ducati’s?
Hey Rob

Yes I was lucky enough to own three of them a 748SP when they first came out in the 90's and my last two bikes were an ST and a 1000s Multistrada, that I finally sold late last year :cry: we did the Motorcycle thing for many years, with Kernow and ChrisP, but Chris sold his 1200 GS a couple of years ago and so we got into the Emtb's :D Much healthier and far more sociable :)

What about you?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hey Rob

Yes I was lucky enough to own three of them a 748SP when they first came out in the 90's and my last two bikes were an ST and a 1000s Multistrada, that I finally sold late last year :cry: we did the Motorcycle thing for many years, with Kernow and ChrisP, but Chris sold his 1200 GS a couple of years ago and so we got into the Emtb's :D Much healthier and far more sociable :)

What about you?
No but have ridden many. Have had 4 CBR1000RR though ?

E

EddieJ

Rob, you need to start a show us your/current m/c thread. You might well like some my previously owned/raced bikes. ☺

Japuserid

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall, UK
Your not thinking of cancelling the Meta are you Japuserid????
Definitely can't now my brother just bought me a new Shirt :cool:

New shirt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
well i'm blowed, :cool:

SO DID I :love::love::love:

Both 1990 16V's one in red and one in black. Wish i had one of them now :rolleyes: worth a small fortune. :mad:
I had two 8v’s one good, one not so good. I know what you mean about prices, Walkers is just down the road from me some of the ticket prices take your breath away!!

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Hey Al

When you say 'the bike rode really well', which model did you ride ? Was it one of the newer Integra model's ? I cannot find a single review anywhere so would be interested to hear your thoughts :)
I couldn’t remember the model but I found the review
https://www.google.com/amp/s/electricbikeaction.com/amp/bike-test-fantic-xf1-casa
I was there when they shot the action photos. For a heavier bike it rode pretty well even with the mediocre tires. Cornered well and the suspension worked rather well on the more technical downhills.
The range was really good as well.
I wish Specialized would offer 600wh battery for the Levo
The biggest issue we had was how dated the bike looked with it’s external battery and almost no one in the US has heard of Fantic. Selling someone a Haibike can involve a 10 minute explanation of who they are. Fantic would be a stretch.
We would have been interested in the new Fantic bikes, but my friend isn’t representing them and the distribution model and teach support seems just as suspect as before.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
almost no one in the US has heard of Fantic. Selling someone a Haibike can involve a 10 minute explanation of who they are. Fantic would be a stretch.
I guess the US isn't big on motorcycle trials then?

The new bikes look the dog's bollocks and the bigger battery is awesome.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles