EXT Storia compatible with Orbea Rise size M?

vcna

May 10, 2022
Switzerland
Hi! I’m considering installing an EXT Storia on my Orbea Rise M10 carbon size medium. Any return on true experience? Some frame incompatibility seems to have been reported on small/medium frames… thanks a lot!!

NotSoSikMik

EXT Official Dealer
Jun 18, 2021
USA
We have someone local riding the e-Storia on his size medium Rise and no clearance issues. He was on an Arma before that so any shock should fit.

vcna

May 10, 2022
Switzerland
We have someone local riding the e-Storia on his size medium Rise and no clearance issues. He was on an Arma before that so any shock should fit.
Hi! Thanks for your remarks. But I have tested myself and the spring slightly rubs the frame in deep compression. One very known Orbea dealer in Europe recommended me to use in the upper part of the shock an offset hardwear on medium size frames. But they did not share with me the offset reference and neither how to install it (vertically I guess in order to move the spring from top tube).
Any help would be very welcome here! Thanks!!

MikeL_mtb

Feb 15, 2022
New York
Hi! Thanks for your remarks. But I have tested myself and the spring slightly rubs the frame in deep compression. One very known Orbea dealer in Europe recommended me to use in the upper part of the shock an offset hardwear on medium size frames. But they did not share with me the offset reference and neither how to install it (vertically I guess in order to move the spring from top tube).
Any help would be very welcome here! Thanks!!
As far as I know you can't lock the offset bushing, so it naturally rotates in the wrong direction to get clearance for a shock, it does go in the right direction if you want to slacken your bike a bit, while using a shock that clears the tunnel ok. We need cascade components to make a link for this bike so the Medium and small frames can clear better.

Richridesmtb

Jan 23, 2022
Australia
Don't forget frame flex too. Not rubbing on a stationary bike will be different from what could happen from a large drop. These frames are flexy!

vcna

May 10, 2022
Switzerland
As far as I know you can't lock the offset bushing, so it naturally rotates in the wrong direction to get clearance for a shock, it does go in the right direction if you want to slacken your bike a bit, while using a shock that clears the tunnel ok. We need cascade components to make a link for this bike so the Medium and small frames can clear better.
I had the same assumption about the rotation of the bushings! Tricky situation :-(

I Do Blues

Jun 10, 2021
North Vancouver, BC
I'm looking into trying an EXT Storia on a conversion to a 160/160 mullet on my medium Rise. I think I need the 216/63.5 mm (8.5x2.5) EXT and plan to use these offset bushings:

Anyone hear of anybody having problems with EXT on the Rise?

DanMcDan

Mar 18, 2021
Torquay
I have tried various coil shocks on my medium rise and the wife’s (H30 and a M20) and the only ones that worked were those that could take a fox sls spring as it’s a few mm smaller in diameter. I have used a DHX rc4 shortened to 210x58 and also a DHX Rc4 at 216x63 with 2x 2mm offset bushes (both pointing away to give 212x63) and also a cane creek db inline (upside down to keep the shaft as supported as possible)

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
I had the same assumption about the rotation of the bushings! Tricky situation :-(
I've actually ran single offset bushings on several bikes w/ bushing reversed to lengthen/steepen bike. None of them rotated into slackened position after years of use. I recently did this on my Rise at the lower shock mount when I went back to the stock shock but kept my front end over forked. This kept the geo similar to the bike w/ 216x63 installed. Just checked and bushing is still in the same orientation after 500+ miles.

Cezex

Oct 24, 2023
Poland
I'd like to increase the rear travel to 150mm and rise the back to steepen the angle by 0.5°. Do I understand correctly that I need to get a cascade link (to increase the travel) and put a reverse offset bushing (to rise the back)?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles