Excited to Join

MiTurboComp

Oct 18, 2022
Florida
Awaiting delivery on my '22 Spesh Turbo Levo Comp I snagged on sale after wondering when I'd be able to gather enough funds for the 'bottom' of the line model with Mastermind TCU. Must admit I'm concerned about the ongoing Brose motor issues and design flawed charger door since finding this site.
Weighed most of this before I went all in - so no place for complaints.

Cheers from FL, USA

Reactive

Apr 15, 2022
SF Bay Area, CA
700 miles on my Spec Turbo base model with 500 WH battery. Not a single issue. My rides are in the San Francisco south-bay known for steep climbs. My typically 30 mile ride covers 3500+ feet of climbing with spots of 25% grades.

- The shifter will need a bit of adjustment as you ride using the knurled ring.
- Clean the chain and lube every 50 miles or so and shifting is good (not 100% always, but 85-90% satisfactory).
- Be careful when charging with the door open; just position your left-pedal up or down and don't allow it to move when charging.
- I replaced bars for 800mm and different grips as I am tall for the bike size and this made a big difference in fit. I got the bars for $20 on ebay.
- It took a few rides to get the seat height positioned. At full extension on the dropper it feels like my road bike. I then drop as required for the terrain.

My biggest "problems" (which are good problems given 3+ hour rides) are hydration and shoes. Previously I only used water bottles but I changed to a full-face Smith helmet which is awesome. Obviously, I can't get a water bottle through the chin-guard so I had to switch to a hip-pack or back-pack hydration. The hip-pack I just gave up on and am trying different back-packs.

It has turned into getting comfortable on the bike, not the bike itself. On the analog mtb's I was so blown out after the first hour and climbing I simply wanted to survive and get back home before pucking. With these I just get the heart-rate to 140 - 160 sustained using the power levels without redlining. Three hours is a joy.

As a note, I reduced my power modes as Marshal Mullen recommends in his Youtube channel. This has been really good.

Ride far and fare well!

MiTurboComp

Oct 18, 2022
Florida
700 miles on my Spec Turbo base model with 500 WH battery. Not a single issue. My rides are in the San Francisco south-bay known for steep climbs. My typically 30 mile ride covers 3500+ feet of climbing with spots of 25% grades.

- The shifter will need a bit of adjustment as you ride using the knurled ring.
- Clean the chain and lube every 50 miles or so and shifting is good (not 100% always, but 85-90% satisfactory).
- Be careful when charging with the door open; just position your left-pedal up or down and don't allow it to move when charging.
- I replaced bars for 800mm and different grips as I am tall for the bike size and this made a big difference in fit. I got the bars for $20 on ebay.
- It took a few rides to get the seat height positioned. At full extension on the dropper it feels like my road bike. I then drop as required for the terrain.

My biggest "problems" (which are good problems given 3+ hour rides) are hydration and shoes. Previously I only used water bottles but I changed to a full-face Smith helmet which is awesome. Obviously, I can't get a water bottle through the chin-guard so I had to switch to a hip-pack or back-pack hydration. The hip-pack I just gave up on and am trying different back-packs.

It has turned into getting comfortable on the bike, not the bike itself. On the analog mtb's I was so blown out after the first hour and climbing I simply wanted to survive and get back home before pucking. With these I just get the heart-rate to 140 - 160 sustained using the power levels without redlining. Three hours is a joy.

As a note, I reduced my power modes as Marshal Mullen recommends in his Youtube channel. This has been really good.

Ride far and fare well!
Thanks Reactive for the fit, ride and maintenance notes, especially the part about extending range without shortening your life!

miTC

MadTurnip

Jan 14, 2021
Dublin, Ireland
Must admit I'm concerned about the ongoing Brose motor issues and design flawed charger door since finding this site.
Don't be, you only hear about the motors with issues. And most of it seems to come from water damage which shouldn't be too much of an issue in Florida.

also Welcome.

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
Don't be, you only hear about the motors with issues. And most of it seems to come from water damage which shouldn't be too much of an issue in Florida.

also Welcome.
Thats so true of most things to be fair
Not many let you know how good things are going just how bad.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles