EW-EN100 (Junction A)

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Thanks Gordon I have ordered all the parts I need.. Here is my computer, I've checked it 4 times now... Also as I've mentioned earlier I've only had Levos so the only shimano I've ever owned is fishing gear.... So shimano ebikes are very alien to me atm (8 days in) What other names does the EP8 go by?
Your advice has helped me immensely in ordering parts.
SHIMANO STEPS Cycle Computer with Assist Switch (SD300 port) | SHIMANO BIKE-AUSTRALIA

I’m the opposite. New Levo after multiple Shimano bikes. :)

Gordon

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
I quite like where I have this display although it doesn't have connectivity it still tells me everything I need to know plus obviously it's a mode controller, if I was to connect the junction box then go into e tube adjust motor settings then revert back to this display will all the settings be saved? So basically it would be like taking it to the bike shop them plugging it into in their computer then changing the settings..... Same result.

I suspect the assist settings are stored in the motor (and not in the display / junction box) ... so they might be saved ... but when connecting a new display then it might override them again ... no idea :) I think you will have to try it!

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
I quite like where I have this display although it doesn't have connectivity it still tells me everything I need to know plus obviously it's a mode controller, if I was to connect the junction box then go into e tube adjust motor settings then revert back to this display will all the settings be saved? So basically it would be like taking it to the bike shop them plugging it into in their computer then changing the settings..... Same result. View attachment 95361

Yes it will. Settings are stored in the motor. I did something similar on an old bike when I upgraded the display. I forgot my pass code that I set on the new display so plugged in the old one to change settings.

Once you put on the E7000 switch you wont want to switch back to a sw5000. I am sure of that. If you want a display then the EP8 display is also an upgrade.

Gordon

steve160

Jun 16, 2020
Perth Australia
Just received a ew-en100 and it doesnt work with my motor (purchased on Ebay from Germany) due, Im guessing, the software version on the motor. Same goes for a Sc7000 display. Connects to garmin but wont talk to bike. Anyone experienced this / know what software version I need to update it to that will still play nicely with st unlocker?

SEBA

Sep 11, 2019
French Provence High Alps
please can you explain me how to connect ;

1 right shifter ( sw e7000 , for di2 dérailleur)
1 sc e5000 ( or 5003 ) to the left

without any display , bt dont matter

with drive unit shimano

?

is there a junction box with multiple port compatible with drive unit ?!

Shorty4

Nov 7, 2022
Australia
There is a junction box for the sd50 connectors, it's a JC41E, has four connections, it's tiny , appoximately 12mm wide, 6mm thick and sbout 25mm long, it's buried in the frame so a bit hard to measure exactly.

SEBA

Sep 11, 2019
French Provence High Alps
There is a junction box for the sd50 connectors, it's a JC41E, has four connections, it's tiny , appoximately 12mm wide, 6mm thick and sbout 25mm long, it's buried in the frame so a bit hard to measure exactly.
ok , 1st solution , you sure is working ?!

is there another solution ?! like a smaller Y cables ?!

Shimano_Di2-EW-JC130-Stromkabel-Verbindung-Verteiler-Y-Kabel_IEWJC130MM.jpg

Shorty4

Nov 7, 2022
Australia
Yes it works it is just a dumb four way connector, no electronics etc in it.
It is used just to connect up to four cables.
I have used it to connect the derailleur to the display on the handlebars, I didn't really need to, I could have run one cable all the way from the display to the derailleur but it would have been a long run.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles