Everything about the 2022/2023 Giant Reign E+

KiwieMTB

Nov 2, 2023
NZ
Yeah, unfortunately it's the only way it can work on this carrier. I can clamp it by the top tube, but then it's on a slant facing the car and the down tube rubs on the rack handle.

IMG_7579.jpeg

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
I recommend purchasing a Strap Holder like this one from Eufab and use the seat stray or the top tube

1699613526802.png

They are available in different length and clamp diameters (depends on the rail of your carrier).
I've replaced all the clamps on my Thule bike carrier and it makes life so much easier.
Is also very usefull if you have a carbon frame ;-)

Last edited:

KiwieMTB

Nov 2, 2023
NZ
Maybe just zip tie some thick pipe insulation around the part thats rubbing?
I ended up getting a pool noodle and cutting it up + putting them on. Still rubs and scratches the hell out of the bike but it’s purely cosmetic.

If I could do it all over again I’d not get a bike rack that dangles my bike by the top tube, and rather holds it by the wheels alone. Unfortunately I didn’t research much, just waltzed into the LBS and bought the first thing that didn’t look like a flimsy POS!

DOCTOR EBIKES

Jul 9, 2021
Terrassa ( SPAIN)
I have a problem that in the store they tell me that giant says it is normal....it turns out that every time I take out the battery the motor loses the personal configuration that I have adjusted....the same thing happens to you.... They changed my engine a few months ago...if I remember correctly the original engine did not have this problem...it happens to you too...you have to readjust all the personal parameters every time you remove the battery... ?

Finfla

Nov 3, 2023
Finland
What is a suitable bottle to fit medium sized Reign? I blindly took a side-loading bottle cage and any old bottle I have are too tall. The piggy bag of the shock will touch a normal bottle on the bottom when doing the squish.
What options have you found fitting?

(I know about Fidlock but you see them on trailside do much you'd think they grow around here)

bcmtb

Nov 1, 2021
WA
What is a suitable bottle to fit medium sized Reign? I blindly took a side-loading bottle cage and any old bottle I have are too tall. The piggy bag of the shock will touch a normal bottle on the bottom when doing the squish.
What options have you found fitting?

(I know about Fidlock but you see them on trailside do much you'd think they grow around here)
Late reply but I use the Polar Bottle in 15 oz (I also ride a medium Reign).

Acmac999

Dec 26, 2021
Australia
Hi there, any good feedback on fitting a coil to the reign? I’m reading the linkage is too linear for it and you blow through travel and get harsh bottom out when set with the correct spring/ sag. However I have seen a a few coil setups around including some pros bikes….

Anyone got any info, is a progressive spring a must? I’m currently using the X2 with all the spacer (max progression). So bit unsure if the coil suites

Thanks for your thoughts.

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
I have been riding a Novya coil shock for a few months now, slightly too stiff in order to prevent pedal strikes. I actually think it is a bit less comfortable than my stock float x, especially on mid sized bumps, but small bump sensitivity is in another realm and I'm beating all my times up and down.

Only negative, I feel like the giant lower shock axle system has innate play in it, and the coil shock makes it feel worse on a car park test, doesn't really affect off road feeling.

475lbs spring for a 78kg rider hitting a lot of drops to flat!

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
FYI: with the latest SmartGateway Update 20240314000 the Motor-Settings are not lost anymore if you remove the Battery. Tested it with two different Bikes and four Batteries, and even after 72h all my Settings for Assitance, Torque and Launch are still in place.
Thanks Giant ffor fixing an issue you have introduced by yourself before 🤗

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
FYI: SG Update 20240329000 is out for IoS and Android.
I've just updated two bikes flawlessly using the app.
The problem with the batterty not finishing to charge inside the bike is gone again. At least for this time. Will observe.

The new version of the app is also available on IOS, but has not yet been released on Android.
Users report it looks identical, but it requires that one creates a new Giand ID as it has been advertised over the past weeks in the current/old App version.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles