Evening All. Great to be here. Wiring Help

Taz65

Apr 5, 2022
SKIPTON U.K
Hi guys, quick question. My controller has a thin red and thin black wires connected at the end with a white connector which is not connected to anything, any ideas what it might be for?
Been onto the Luisu website but cant find my model, but its a 48v controller.
Could i wire up some lights direct from the 2 wires without the need for a fuse, and an on and off switch?
Cheers.
Andy.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Hi Andy and welcome to the forum. This may be a stupid question But what kind of motor/bike/battery etc. A posted picture may help also.
I removed the light(2) wires on my Bosch gen4 motor. Placed silicone plugs in the sockets to prevent water ingress. I didn’t have the need for the additional wiring which added to the congestion of cables in the motor compartment. I use rechargeable and removable riding lights instead. I don’t use my full suspension Rail as a commuter but do occasional night rides on the trails. I did the same to the hardtails also. Direct wiring to the battery could make sense to some though.

Taz65

Apr 5, 2022
SKIPTON U.K
Hi Andy and welcome to the forum. This may be a stupid question But what kind of motor/bike/battery etc. A posted picture may help also.
I removed the light(2) wires on my Bosch gen4 motor. Placed silicone plugs in the sockets to prevent water ingress. I didn’t have the need for the additional wiring which added to the congestion of cables in the motor compartment. I use rechargeable and removable riding lights instead. I don’t use my full suspension Rail as a commuter but do occasional night rides on the trails. I did the same to the hardtails also. Direct wiring to the battery could make sense to some though.
my trusty stead
Screenshot_20220408-002044_Chrome.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles