Esteps 8000 won't device pair due to incorrect Pin

kendo

Sep 2, 2019
Scotland
Now this is driving me nuts:
  • Had Peartune installed and removed as was not compatible with new 4.7.1 FW
  • Then used etube to access and check eco, trail, boost settings and all was fine first time round
  • Now had ST Unlocker to try and install...then it all started
  • ST would not upload and said I needed to pair device in bluetooth due to incorrect pin (fair enough)....
  • Went back to check bluetooth closed all down in bluetooth i.e. forget "ok" setting to clear
  • Went to pair e8000 with bluetooth which it sees/recognises but won't connect/pair...."no connection due to incorrect pin", which I haven't changed
  • Tried the default 000000 pass key and numerous others...won't pair up.
  • Now can't get etube to pair with E8000...this after 6 hours of restarts, battery in and and outs and clears.
  • In summation it is not recognising any pin and I didn't make a new one up.
Question: Can I get a default reset for the e8000 pin.
Using Android: I have a phone pin tried that too doesn't work. This has stumped me and I'm going slightly mad.
Any help out there would be very useful. Other than that I think I'll need to get access to a SM-PCE1/2 to sort out things

Last edited:

Thimlicek

Sep 23, 2019
Tilburg
Hi, I had same problem and need to restart phone between use that app. Don't know why is needed but in my case it work.....

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
Mine did this the other day but seemed to connect fine after I forced the connection in the bluetooth settings on my phone, I found there was a small window of opportunity to connect it though. It now connects first time all the time again.

Mine was the same "000000" pin didn't work but I'd never changed it, I'm pretty sure it played up after I updated to the latest version of the app but I've now got it working.
As I said, hit connect in the phones bluetooth settings first and then on the app.

kendo

Sep 2, 2019
Scotland
Mine did this the other day but seemed to connect fine after I forced the connection in the bluetooth settings on my phone, I found there was a small window of opportunity to connect it though. It now connects first time all the time again.

Mine was the same "000000" pin didn't work but I'd never changed it, I'm pretty sure it played up after I updated to the latest version of the app but I've now got it working.
As I said, hit connect in the phones bluetooth settings first and then on the app.

So how did you force the connection in bluetooth...mine won't pair at all...who knows what passkey it wants.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles